Web content will not stream

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Web content will not stream

Postby passionfly1 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:46 am

this is so frustrating,
first off you guys keep mentioning a "pms.conf" file THERE IS NO SUCH file in the PS3 Media server directory!!!!!

There is a "PS3.conf" file in the renderers folder but I am not sure if this is the file to use since it clearly says here @

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder

below that it says to install pmsencoder by:

shut down PMS; open PMS.conf in a text editor; and add pmsencoder to the front of the list of engines e.g.

engines = pmsencoder,mencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio &c.

BUT THERE IS no engines line in this PS3.conf file!!!!!!! do I create one? is this the correct file? this is infuriating confusing >.<

does anyone know how to configure pmsencoder with PS3 Media Server that actually works and points to the correct place to do it in???

I'm running WIndows 7 Pro and not Linux and just trying to stream FLV files to the PS3. There has to be an easier way to get this done!
passionfly1

Postby meskibob » Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby chocolateboy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Answers to all of those questions are provided (along with that link) in the README.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby dismomen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:22 pm

my web content is in resolution of 1280 x 720. but when playing on my popcorn hour renderer it becomes 720 x 480. can anyone help??
dismomen

Re: Audio and Video streams

Postby mysticsushi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 am

Amazing program. My Thanks to all that put it together.

I'm trying to get this web stream thing sorted out so I can start unlocking this program's true potential. Alas, I'm at a brick wall.

I've successfully added a number of things to my web.conf, but I haven't been able to find any of these new guys under my "web" content folder (nothing that wasn't there by default).

I've also put chocolateboy's PMSEncoder in the plugins folder

Also, I'm getting a number of 'data corrupt' messages when trying to open these.

Thanks in advance...
mysticsushi

Postby rawr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:49 am

i am running the pmsencoder-1.6.0.jar (and it is in /usr/lib/ps3mediaserver/plugins)

i have the following scripts with the respective versions:
get_flash_videos (1.24), rtmpdump (2.3), youtube-dl (2012.02.27) in /usr/lib/ps3mediaserver/scripts

i cannot get the youtube feed to work (i grabbed the feed from the example https://raw.github.com/chocolateboy/pms ... f/WEB.conf)

however, the ted talk is working

i have attached the debug.log, pmsencoder.log, PMS.conf, and WEB.conf

any help would be appreciated!
Attachments
pmsencoder_issue.zip
(6.18 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
rawr

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 pm

rawr wrote:i have attached the debug.log, pmsencoder.log

There are only TED connections in those logfiles. You need to attach them after trying and failing to view a YouTube video:

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder#Help
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby rawr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 pm

chocolateboy wrote:
rawr wrote:i have attached the debug.log, pmsencoder.log

There are only TED connections in those logfiles. You need to attach them after trying and failing to view a YouTube video:

https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder#Help
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484

I should have been more specific. The YouTube folder is empty. The problem isn't viewing the video but getting a YouTube video feed to work.
rawr

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Follow the instructions in the second link I posted and zip/attach the full TRACE log and the full pmsencoder.log.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby rawr » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:15 am

chocolateboy wrote:Follow the instructions in the second link I posted and zip/attach the full TRACE log and the full pmsencoder.log.

i feel silly... after a restart of the computer everything seems to work. (i tried using the restart server button on the gui)

it seems like i need to restart the ps3mediaserver everytime i edit the web.conf is there another way? (or is this part of the pmsencoder.script.poll) if not, is there a command to do this (i'm running the linux version)
rawr

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support