DTS in OS X Version

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: DTS in OS X Version

Postby stephenwilley » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks for this beta build. It's been the final piece in the jigsaw and means 0 effort when playing back MKVs.
stephenwilley

Postby miketja » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 pm

As noted elsewhere in this thread, the beta build with tsMuxer works very well. I'm having no problems with it remuxing on the fly for files that have suitable h.264 video streams, and both the AC3 passthru and DTS passthru seem to work well. The only issue I'm seeing, as others, is the files stop streaming correctly about 7-8 seconds before the end of the file.

Happy to provide logs if it will help. Thanks!
miketja

Postby Gigabit » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Yup its coming along now going to have to give some money soon since it has saved me from buying stand alone server.

Thanks for the program
Gigabit

Postby ahintz » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Love the new beta version - it works great for MKVs. However, just thought I'd add that I am seeing it stop ~5 seconds or so before the end. The PS3 doesn't show the pause icon to indicate it reached the end of the file, it just freezes. Otherwise, fantastic app!
ahintz

Postby Redlum » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:23 pm

A new build is at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1635 which includes an updated tsmuxer build from the previous beta and other cool new stuff for mac users.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby NonBorn » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Redlum wrote:A new build is at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1635 which includes an updated tsmuxer build from the previous beta and other cool new stuff for mac users.

Is there my problem only that i cannot playback DTS sound through mac osx + macpro 2008? I have my ps3 connected with optical cable to the reciever, my movie has dts but I only get dolby digital sound (ac3). Is there somewhere a wrong option and I dont get DTS or I have a problem with my setup? Thanks for your help...
NonBorn

Postby Gigabit » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:05 am

Goto transcoding setting
make sure there is a check mark on this box
keep DTS audio in Stream (compatible with optical output

once you click on that you will get a msg saying
Allows you to stream DTS directly to your receiver and lots more saying there not going to type it in
Gigabit

Previous

Return to Mac OS X Support