PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC

Postby fstof » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm

beat79 wrote:Thanks a lot! It's a big issue unless I can manage to import local media source into library... hope they can find a solution in the topic I linked from the xbmc forum.

About the smb protocol... do you think It will ask a huge effort to implement this feature in the plugin? If you think this will be useful to other users, I could help with java coding :)

I had a quick look at it last night.
It looks like the only thing i found that might work is the jcifs library, this library provides you with an class SMBFile. Unfortunately this file does not extend the java File class. This is a problem because all the PMS internals require a java File.
So in order to do this I'll have to rewrite some of the PMS internals... You are most welcome to get a clone of the source and see if you can maybe find an easier way to get it done :)
fstof

Postby beat79 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Ok, I'll take a look, thanks for the hints. Meanwhile, I got a clone of the code and added the "get movie by director" feature, it was very simple to add. You wrote a very nice plugin, congratulations!
beat79

Postby fstof » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 am

beat79 wrote:Ok, I'll take a look, thanks for the hints. Meanwhile, I got a clone of the code and added the "get movie by director" feature, it was very simple to add. You wrote a very nice plugin, congratulations!

Thanks man.
If you want me to include your stuff in the project, just send me the patch and I'll see that it gets included
fstof

Postby davicool » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello all,

Anyone know if the Music plugin is available please ?

I have configured the line:
pmsxbmc.db.video = /DATAS/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos60.db
That's work fine for Videos.

Is there possible to have a :
pmsxbmc.db.????? = /DATAS/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyMusic18.db ????

Thanks in advance.
davicool

Postby fstof » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 am

davicool wrote:Hello all,

Anyone know if the Music plugin is available please ?

I have configured the line:
pmsxbmc.db.video = /DATAS/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos60.db
That's work fine for Videos.

Is there possible to have a :
pmsxbmc.db.????? = /DATAS/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyMusic18.db ????

Thanks in advance.

I'm working on the music support, although its nothing spectacular, as XBMC does not really scrape anything for music, so it's gonna be really simple

Then I have a major bug that needs some thinking because of the folder depth limit on the PS3, this causes all the TV Series not to work as they currently go down 9 levels, this is not an issue where the media player doesn't have this limitation

Will post once these are done
fstof

Postby davicool » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 pm

OK, thanks.
But I am only interested for the diffusion of playlists created in xbmc (xbmcbuntu).
In effect, the XBMC Upnp Server doe not propose this function (playlists), it 's very a shame.

I am waiting you implement this (upnp xbmc playlists) in your plugin (is it in your plans ?).
Thank you in advance ;-)
davicool

Postby fstof » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:08 pm

my plans are to only expose the music that is added to the XBMC library in PMS. I haven't looked at playlists yet... I didn't know you can create playlists inside xbmc. If that is the case it might be worth looking into
fstof

Postby shaneo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi I've recently began using pms-xbmc and when I browse my TV Shows directory it will go all the way to the episode folder but wont allow me to open it it's just sits there. Are tv shows supported or does the plugin only allow Movie playback?
shaneo

Postby fstof » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:22 pm

shaneo wrote:Hi I've recently began using pms-xbmc and when I browse my TV Shows directory it will go all the way to the episode folder but wont allow me to open it it's just sits there. Are tv shows supported or does the plugin only allow Movie playback?

Excellent timing man.
I'm actually building it right now, It was an oversight on my part. PS3 has a limit of 8 folders deep, and I went on until 9, so I had to take out a folder

give me a couple of minutes and I'll have the new one up for download
fstof

Postby shaneo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 pm

fstof wrote:
shaneo wrote:Hi I've recently began using pms-xbmc and when I browse my TV Shows directory it will go all the way to the episode folder but wont allow me to open it it's just sits there. Are tv shows supported or does the plugin only allow Movie playback?

Excellent timing man.
I'm actually building it right now, It was an oversight on my part. PS3 has a limit of 8 folders deep, and I went on until 9, so I had to take out a folder

give me a couple of minutes and I'll have the new one up for download

awesome :) today must be my lucky day
shaneo

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins