PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3MS

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3

Postby teesimmons14k » Sun May 20, 2012 4:56 am

To make this work, copy the PS3-Radio.exe into the c:\program files\PS3 Media Server directory
Run the program and click on Steps 1, 2, 3.

you left out one MAJOR flaw to make this work....

NO ONE IS MAKING THE ACTUAL FILE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HENSE NO ONE CAN GET THE FILE PS3-RADIO (I CERTAINLY CAN'T) so as usual this won't work. I have tried EVERY conceivable search engine including (cough, choke) bing.... now I have asked nicely, pleaded, begged, shouted, what do I have to do threathen to get this file.... I have a radio station not that I like, but I love and OWN and need and want and desire even to hear it on my playstation 3. I have requested and pleaded that someone please PLEASE (on knees even ) P L E A S E!!!!!! SEND ME THIS FILE, AND TO NO AVAIL IF SOMEONE HAS THIS FILE OR IF SUCH A FILE EXHISTS THEN I CAN GET IT ANYWHERE/NOWHERE... any and all h :cry: :arrow: elp is greatly appreciated
teesimmons14k

Postby timeitniear » Tue May 22, 2012 4:05 am

Sometimes you have to do things by brute force :) Since I'm an OS X guy. You can find tons of internet music staions by going to the "Listen" button and use the save this link option. Add this link to your web.conf, then if you so desire, add your own fanart. For example, one of my favorites is Real Punk Radio. They show 4 different apps to listen to the station pick any and copy link address and format in the following manner
audiostream.Web: Music,College=Real Punk Radio,http://174.122.26.45:80

your'e done unless you want to add art then add the following to the string ,http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SeKyBUMtxC4/TZ8f3E7fMkI/AAAAAAAAAA4/tK2dwkfZhbg/s400/RPR-LOGO2.gif

Restart PMS and your ready to go mp3, Pls files work great. If you find a station as a M3u, save the file and open as a txt file and the url will be in that file.

Have Fun!

Regards!
MacBook Pro
2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
4GB Ram
OSX 10.8.1
timeitniear

Postby yurihellsing » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 am

i managed to get 38 not that many!
yurihellsing

Postby playerson » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:11 am

Just tried installing this Radio program and i don't see the icon for world radio. Any idea's if this still works? see the updates and stuff are older. Any help would be much appreicated.
playerson

Postby stew181 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 pm

It toke 3 hours to config the radio file and I did this twice 3 hours ea time and restarted rebooted the pc & media server countless times did step 1-3 and still no world radio icon in the media server PS3 & 360. Very pissed off persons. :ugeek:
stew181

Postby fer1805 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:09 am

Hi. I have the same problem, i followed steps to copy the files in the PS3 media server folder, followed 1, 2 and 3 steps, and there is no icon in the PS3. Is there an addition step to be done? THanks in advance.
fer1805

Postby shai » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 am

TO ALL THOSE WHO CANNOT LOCATE THE EXE
------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all not sure why no one has replied to this. I am on win 7 64 bit so it took me a while to find the .exe file as well. It s in the download link provided.The obly problem is that the .zip file has been created using another archive so basically you need to extract twice. Extract once and the file inside is not recognised by Windows as a valid file. Use http://7-zip.org/ to extract the second file and there you are ... the elusive exe
shai

Postby teesimmons14k » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:51 am

The major difference I find is if you use Firefox instead of IE, your download will be compleate for some reason IE puts you through the motions of downloading but when you extract it only displays the one file but it dose NOT give any indication if this is a file or a folder and NO EXTENSION AT ALL. However, when downloading with Firefox download via right clicking on file and use link otherwise the file will automatically download and you might not know where lol. After downloading the ps3-radio file

I suggest you use winrar and right click on the ps3-radio.rar file and then click on extract here (that means placing the rar file in a folder of its own). after right clicking on the rar rile it will create a folder (this is a graphic files of flags) and a readme first file, the ps3-radio.exe file and another file or two can't remember. either click on the small square in the ps3-radio folder to highlight it (windows 7), or ctrl + a to highlight all of the files in the ps3-radio folder.

You can either drag aff of those files to the proper folder (c:/program files (x86)/ps3 media server) and place all of the files in there... at THAT point, click on the ps3-radio.exe file and you will see the window that has the 3 step process. the first step can take anywhere from 35 minutes to 2 hours 45 minutes even though the windows says it can take up to an hour... when step one is done downloading all of the pages you will see where it says you have 88,+ lines and after conversion you are left with 33,666 lines.

Step 2 & 3 takes all of 5 seconds each to complete.. now here is where I don't know what happens because the instruction now asks you to turn off ps3 media server to ACTIVATE it (NOTICE: For Windows 7 when you open up ps3 media server, the file is displayed both on the task bar and to the right or to the left of the clock, horn (for speaker), strength bar (for internet) there is a small arrow that points up... if you click on that you will see some icons... one of those icons is the one for ps3 media server if you hover your mouse over it.. BE SURE THAT YOU RIGHT CLICK THAT AND THEN LEFT CLICK ON QUIT OR WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU CLOSED PS3 MEDIA SERVER, YOU REALLY DIDN'T). I then restart my ps3 media server but to no avail the ps3 media does not display the loading of the ps3-radio.exe nor the web.conf. I always look in the TRACE tab (the second tab but it never loads in there at all.

Hopefully one of you computer geek(s) will look at that and let us know how to get that web.conf to display along with the ps3-radio.exe file and prayerfully we all can then enjoy internet radio on our PS3 I know I for one would LOVE to get this mystery/issue solved... I hope this helps someone -Tee- :!: :!: :!:
teesimmons14k

Postby axismbb » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Does PS3-Radio also work, if you do not have a real PS3 connetced, but a Smart TV with AllShare (via LAN)?
Any clue how this can be operated from the TV?
axismbb

Postby fr3d0 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Anyone have the zip file?
fr3d0

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins