ESPN3?

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: ESPN3?

Postby kod » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:32 am

1. #rtmpdump.force = true / done, but it still won't play ESPN, however two things happen. One, it used a different codec ffmpeg (please see 1 disabled # logs) and my bandwidth was put back to normal after failed attempt, it spiked at the "play" and then few seconds when down

2. replace extras\bin\rtmpdump.exe with rtmpdump.exe and enabled rtmpdump.force = true / done, see "2 enable rtmpdump" log for details. This time about 50% of the bandwidth was used, but it was never released, until I quit PMS

3. after performing last step "replace extras\bin\rtmpdump.exe and copy librtmp.dll, libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll from XBMC\system" - i didn't see any content to play, only directory listing and inside final folder "transcoding" - no content, i loged in "3 copy librtmp"

[Edit] - step 3, no DLNA content was visible too

Thanks for all your help and will understand if you are tired of dealing with me :)
Attachments
3 copy librtmp.zip
(35.99 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
2 enable rtmpdump.zip
(35.88 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
1 disabled #.zip
(37.58 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
kod

Postby infidel » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 am

Well no breakthroughs and running out of bullets :), but here are my comments anyway:

• case #1: You verified that ESPN was working in xbmc at the same time? I assume Hulu plays ok in this setup?
  • case #2: This appears to be more or less the same as your original SHB-43 behavior, nothing new. Again I assume you verified with xbmc.
  • case #3: Try this one again, maybe it was a bad run somehow. debug.log says the content is assigned to pmsencoder but pmsencoder.log isn't matching any content, hence you're not seeing any. I can think of no good reason for this assuming that only the binaries in extras\bin were changed.
infidel

Postby kod » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 am

I've been verifying xbmc/ie/firefox before trying to play via PSM - and it plays fine. I've attached content of extras\bin (just rename the extension to *.png)

Also, the version of pmsencoder -1.5.12.jar (is this correct)?

I'm too running out of ideas - besides rebuilding the system from scratch don't know what else I can do - alternative I'm thinking of getting Rasberry Pi and running XBMC on it.

[Edit]: just a question, since ESPN fails via PMS on PS3 do you think if I get a TV with DLNA support I might get better luck? Or is the PS3 essential to PMS functionality? Have you tried it playing directly on the TV?
Attachments
plugins.zip
rename to png, content of plugins
(42.02 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
extras bin.zip
change extension to png - content of extras\bin
(51.15 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
kod

Postby infidel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm

kod wrote:ESPN fails via PMS on PS3 do you think if I get a TV with DLNA support I might get better luck? Or is the PS3 essential to PMS functionality?

It's not the ps3 vs other renderers, it should work the same either way. If Hulu is working it means things are ok on the ps3 side, however it is possible to eliminate the ps3 from the equation by streaming from pms to xbmc, which may be worth trying just to see if it shows us anything. Your pngs show your extras\bin is in a mixed-up state, so best to sort things out first if you want to go another round:

• reboot, delete everything and do a fresh install of SHB-43 and fix paths as before. Initially I'd set
    Code: Select all
    rtmpdump.force = false
    since ffmpeg was behaving better for you.

• create an alternate extras\bin2 folder and put rtmpdump_no_libs+dlls copied from xbmc inside (see EDIT2). The exe and dll versions are important. Now you can switch to this alternate version anytime by changing your PMS.conf and restarting pms:
    Code: Select all
    rtmpdump.path = extras\\bin2\\rtmpdump.exe
    rtmpdump.force = true

To use xbmc as your renderer look under 'Videos > Files' where you should see 'PS3 Media Server' (it should be auto-detected by xbmc with any luck :)). Switch between bin and bin2 and retry everything with ps3 too, needless to say.
infidel

Postby kod » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 am

- removed python27 (as it was installed separately)
- removed PSM-SHB43 from N: drive (deleted c:\programdata\pms-shb as it had references to N: drive installations)
- reboot
- Installed clean PSM-SHB43 to c: drive
Edit c:\programdata\PMS.conf
fix the pmsencoder.script.directory path pmsencoder.script.directory = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PS3MediaServer-SHB\\extras\\scripts
and add rtmpdump settings (rtmpdump.force is optional)
rtmpdump.path = extras\\bin\\rtmpdump.exe
rtmpdump.force = true (tried with 'false') no luck either way
deleted 'plugins\jumpy-0.16.jar' and 'plugins\jumpy\' and then install jumpy-0.1.7

XBMC doesn't detect PMS, so couldn't test it, but it does play ESPN or DLNA content
Played Hulu fine but ESPN via PS3, returned error: [cmd.exe] Process cmd.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occurred... check the log file
- logs included

I'll test the "bin2" suggestion over the weekend and provide feedback
Attachments
debug.zip
(69.51 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
kod

Postby infidel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

kod wrote:XBMC doesn't detect PMS, so couldn't test it

Sorry, you need to hover over System and click File manager in the drop-down menu below, then (right-click) Add source > Add source > UPnP Devices and select pms which will hopefully be listed a few seconds later.

EDIT: or better yet XBMC > VIDEOS > Add Videos > Browse > UPnP Devices

kod wrote:ESPN via PS3, returned error

You've got a good setup, though your logs don't match each other, i.e. they're not showing the same session. But in debug.log:
  • rtmpdump connects to ESPN in [Thread-31] and appears to merrily stream along through the rest of the log and never stops.
  • The same link is retried a little later in [Thread-41] but gets bumped by the server presumably because [Thread-31] is still connected. This generates the "cmd.exe has a return code of 1" error.
  • Other non-ESPN rtmpdump threads open and close normally, with [Thread-31] still going strong.
If any of the pms debug experts want to chime in now would be a good time :), I'm stumped.
Last edited by infidel on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

Postby mtg26 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi there,
I've been following this log closely and really appreciate the huge amount of work infidel has put into troubleshooting. You are a kind, committed individual. I've been struggling with similar issues to kod and thought I'd offer up my own set-up and log to see if it sheds any new light on the matter. I tried to follow every step listed this thread, making all the changes to pms.conf, trying the various rtmpdump iterations, etc. ESPN3 and Hulu play fine in my browser and through XMBC but both fail through PMS. Vimeo and other services work in PMS. Hulu loads but after the advertisement announces that "The data is corrupted." ESPN3 immediately goes to corrupted data. Currently I'm trying SHB 42 with Jumpy 0.1.7 and the original bin folder but have the same result with bin2 swapped in or SHB 43.

Thanks again for taking the time to try to help us out!
Attachments
mtg26 pms_dbg.zip
(14.75 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
mtg26

Postby mtg26 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Also, I tried streaming backwards from the PMS to XBMC. I'm a little unsure about that process but XBMC detected everything fine. When I went in there, however, and accessed Jumpy I found [xmbc] ESPN, [xmbc] Hulu, etc, but none of them played, even the ones that work normally on PMS. I'll search something like TED talks and the categories are there but there's no files inside to try. ESPN shows the match but clicking on only brings up the TRANSCODE option.
mtg26

Postby infidel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:13 pm

mtg26 wrote:thought I'd offer up my own set-up and log to see if it sheds any new light on the matter.

Thanks but the zip is corrupted, can you give it another try? :)
infidel

Postby infidel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 pm

mtg26 wrote:Hulu loads but after the advertisement announces that "The data is corrupted."

Try these settings (at the end of the post).
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins