git build on OSX

Download and discuss official beta builds here

git build on OSX

Postby godfader » Tue May 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi all,

Iḿ trying to build the latest ps3ms with git, but after the build, the dmg that's created only shows an applications shortcut even if the size of the dmg is 37.8mb

Can anyone help? Thanks
godfader

Re: git build on OSX

Postby godfader » Tue May 29, 2012 12:53 pm

additional info from the build process:

Code: Select all
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:2.2.1:single (make-assembly-osx) @ pms ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: /Volumes/DATA/SVN/GIT/ps3mediaserver/src/main/assembly/assembly-osx.xml
[INFO] Copying files to /Volumes/DATA/SVN/GIT/ps3mediaserver/target/pms-1.53.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution
[WARNING] Assembly file: /Volumes/DATA/SVN/GIT/ps3mediaserver/target/pms-1.53.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution is not a regular file (it may be a directory). It cannot be attached to the project build for installation or deployment.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- osxappbundle-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-2:bundle (default) @ pms ---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: file.resource.loader.class => 'org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: file.resource.loader.path => ''.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'file,classpath'.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = /Volumes/DATA/SVN/GIT/ps3mediaserver/src/main/external-resources/osx/Info.plist-template.xml [line 35,column 33] : $APP_PACKAGE is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = /Volumes/DATA/SVN/GIT/ps3mediaserver/src/main/external-resources/osx/Info.plist-template.xml [line 35,column 33] : $APP_PACKAGE is not a valid reference.
[INFO] Building zip: /Volumes/DATA/SVN/GIT/ps3mediaserver/target/pms-1.53.0-SNAPSHOT-app.zip
Last edited by chocolateboy on Tue May 29, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reformatted: read the FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4294qo2
godfader

Postby glebb » Tue May 29, 2012 5:25 pm

I tried to reproduce but couldn't. I get the same warnings but dmg seems to be ok, with app icon (which seems to run ok). Did you try clean before package?
glebb

Postby Raptor399 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm

The errors you get are normal. I get the exact same messages as you and when I open the .dmg it contains the folder alias and PMS.
Have you looked inside the "pms-1.53.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution" directory?
That forms the basis for the .dmg that is being constructed, all files should be present in there. Judging by the size you mention (37 MB), it should contain the correct files.

You can try a "mvn clean package", to see if a cleanup fixes the situation for you.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby godfader » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks for the help but mvn clean didn´t help. I now think the problem is on the side of my mac because when i do a ls /Volumes/pms-1.53.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution is lists the 2 folders PS3 Media Server.app and the Applications symlink...but in finder it says 0 items... any ideas on what it could be?
godfader

Postby Raptor399 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Ehr... No idea, really.
It appears your .dmg is fine if the two directories are listed. :shock:
Does Google know?
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby godfader » Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 am

Well i kinda found a "pseudo" fix. Moved the .app folder from the dmg to another location and then chmod 777 on it. It works for now...On the next build i'll try it again.

Thanks for the help!
godfader

Return to Beta Builds