scm

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

scm

Postby glebb » Sun May 27, 2012 8:07 am

I see the source lives in github and in code.google.com. What is the preferred way to contribute with fixing issues? Create patches and stick them as files to issue tracker in code.google.com? Or fork github repo, and fix it there with pull request to original and write a comment to issue tracker with link? And there's also the patch thread in this forum, should that also be used, and if so, in which cases? Sorry to bother you with all these questions, if there's some info written down about the basics a link will suffice.

What I've gathered reading this forum, github is a new thing. But is the code really now maintained in both places?
glebb

Re: scm

Postby chocolateboy » Sun May 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Google Code is no longer used. There are more details on the move to GitHub here.

You don't need to create a new issue when creating a pull request on GitHub. It creates one automatically.

Feel free to add to the patch list, but it hasn't been used or updated in a while.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby glebb » Sun May 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks. Just to clarify one more thing. Is there some mechanism (maybe some policy to include the issue number to commit) to keep track which pull requests are related to which issues reported by users? Is there somebody actively taking care of the google code issue tracker?
glebb

Postby Raptor399 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

glebb wrote:Thanks. Just to clarify one more thing. Is there some mechanism (maybe some policy to include the issue number to commit) to keep track which pull requests are related to which issues reported by users? Is there somebody actively taking care of the google code issue tracker?

I go over the Google Code issues every now and then.
Why, only a few days ago I answered and closed a couple of items and integrated someones suggestion. For most issues I don't have anything useful to add, though.
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to Developers