pms-mlx (2014-09-24 v1.1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (12-04-01 v0.7)

Postby killa339 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:57 am

I've encountered this problem twice so far:

Code: Select all
[scan1] ERROR 2012-05-08 23:11:51.883 Storage error (get)
net.pms.medialibrary.commons.exceptions.StorageException: Failed to insert video file info D:\videos\movies\Crime\Blank.avi
   at net.pms.medialibrary.storage.DBVideoFileInfo.insertVideoFileInfo(DBVideoFileInfo.java:583) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.medialibrary.storage.MediaLibraryStorage.insertFileInfo(MediaLibraryStorage.java:410) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.medialibrary.scanner.FileScanner.run(FileScanner.java:208) [pms.jar:na]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_03]
Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Value too long for column "OVERVIEW VARCHAR_IGNORECASE(2056)": "CAST('The film opens with Jack tied to a chair in a warehouse, guarded by heavies. He seems to have evoked the wrath of the Guv'... (5657)"; SQL statement:
INSERT INTO VIDEO (FILEID, AGERATINGLEVEL, AGERATINGREASON, RATINGPERCENT, RATINGVOTERS, DIRECTOR, TAGLINE, ASPECTRATIO, BITRATE, BITSPERPIXEL, CODECV, DURATIONSEC, CONTAINER, DVDTRACK, FRAMERATE, MIMETYPE, MODEL, MUXABLE, WIDTH, YEAR, HEIGHT, ORIGINALNAME, NAME, TMDBID, IMDBID, OVERVIEW, BUDGET, REVENUE, HOMEPAGEURL, TRAILERURL, SORTNAME, MUXINGMODE) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) [22001-166]
   at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:329) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:169) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.table.Column.validateConvertUpdateSequence(Column.java:315) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.table.Table.validateConvertUpdateSequence(Table.java:680) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.command.dml.Insert.insertRows(Insert.java:120) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.command.dml.Insert.update(Insert.java:84) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.command.CommandContainer.update(CommandContainer.java:73) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.command.Command.executeUpdate(Command.java:226) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdateInternal(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:143) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:129) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.medialibrary.storage.DBVideoFileInfo.insertVideoFileInfo(DBVideoFileInfo.java:579) ~[pms.jar:na]
   ... 3 common frames omitted

Like it says, it fails to insert it into the db and thus can't be played through PMS. Is it easy enough to truncate if the data is too long for any of the fields?
killa339

Postby taconaut » Wed May 09, 2012 6:37 am

@killa339
A plugin (I'm guessing tmdb?) returns bad data. It tries to insert the raw json response 'CAST('The film opens with Jack tied to a chair in a warehouse, guarded by heavies. He seems to have evoked the wrath of the Guv' into a column. I'd rather add a sanity check when importing data from a plugin instead of th DB itself. The field allows 2056 characters, which should be plenty.
I've got a PM from someone else speaking about import problems, without giving additional details though.
It should be easy enough for me to reproduce the problem having the movie name.

As a workaround you could import the movie without using imdb and tmdb.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:32 am

It is checking IMDB when this failure occurs. And the actual name of the movie that failed above is: "Jack Says"

Another movie that fails in the same way is: "Warriors of the Rainbow - Seediq Bale"

An interesting thing to note is that when the import fails for a file, it is partially added to the database. This is what I mean:

1. When I initially saw this failure I thought something might have been wrong with imdb, so I hit the import button again. I didn't see the video listed on the Media Library tree tab, so I assumed that PMS would just try again to import. It didn't though.
2. I was suspicious, so I went to look at the db file itself. There is a FILE table and a VIDEO table. The FILE table contains information like the path, filename, file size, etc. The VIDEO table contains info that is imported from imdb, etc.
3. I saw that the FILE table contained 2 more rows than the VIDEO table. Sure enough, the two rows that were missing were the 2 videos that failed to import.
4. I guess PMS checks the FILE table to determine whether something needs to be imported?

This means to import these files again I'll have to either rename them or go in manually and remove the rows. If I just remove the files themselves and try to clean the library through PMS, that doesn't do anything. I guess the VIDEO table is checked in this case and since no entry is there it assumes all is well?

I think in the event of an import failure the entry added to the FILE table should be removed. Or only add to the db when both entries have been properly created.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Thu May 10, 2012 7:25 am

Again, good analysis :)
You're right, the insertion of a video isn't transactional. When inserting a video, first the file part is being inserted, then the video (code). If something blows up during the process, what has already been inserted will remain in the DB.

There are two fixes which should be made to make it bullet proof:
1) Make the insert transactional and roll back in case of an error
2) Verify that values returned by a plugin are valid (not too long) and don't import an invalid field.

[edit] Note to self: Work with autoCommit=false http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/ ... tions.html

[edit2] Looks like the changes happening on the imdb api side (see news) affect the returned results. For both mentioned names, a bad response is beingreturned. This should be handled gracefully by pms-mlx though.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby ReMiNiSc3 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Taconaut,

I regards to our PM's...Remember the scanning issue I was having when using the updated beta jar? Well as you know even after getting the new plugins I still got the JAVA appcrash...

I downgraded java etc etc and nothing would work.

FINALLY, I decided to compile a whole new binary setup from the source on GITHUB. I git cloned' everything from: git://github.com/taconaut/pms-mlx.git

Everything went smoothly except two little problems:

There are two java classes not included in the REPO: FLIB/JCALENDAR and JGOODIES.BINDINGS.

Therefore I could not compile without these resources. I google'd both and obtained the versions of these classes as described in POM.XML. I then commented out these sections in POM.XML:

<!-- XXX: not Mavenized: http://www.jgoodies.com/downloads/libraries.html
      <dependency>
         <groupId>com.jgoodies</groupId>
         <artifactId>binding</artifactId>
         <version>${jgoodies-binding-version}</version>
      </dependency>

XXX: not Mavenized: http://flib.sourceforge.net/JCalendar/doc/index.html
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.freixas</groupId>
         <artifactId>jcalendar</artifactId>
         <version>${jcalendar-version}</version>
      </dependency>
      -->

Maven never obtains these two resources so I added them manually in the java folder of the source & skip the dependency check w/ the comment. Oh, and of course when I compiled I got some BS about the copyright logo "©" inside the code of the freixas classes not being UTF-8. LOL. So I just deleted the copyright's and WALAAAA.

Fully compiled, installed, scanning, and good to go!

Excellent program - keep up the good work
ReMiNiSc3

Postby kunnis » Sun May 13, 2012 10:14 am

I was looking for a way to sort media server files according to date. This version of PMS would solve the problem, but it seems this is not functional with Samsung ES8000 -model TV (2012). There has been a problem with Samsung 2012 version TVs and fix has been made to PS3 media server. Problem can be fixed by updating the pms.jar. Fix can be downloaded from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14206&start=10#p68866

Unfortunately that fix does not work with this version, because of all other changes to the code. Is there any way to migrate the changes in the Samsung-fixed .jar to Media Library -version of PMS so we can make Samsung 2012 TVs find PMS?
kunnis

Postby taconaut » Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

@ReMiNiSc3
Did you follow the instructions to build it? The missing libs should be downloaded with
mvn com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:resolve-external
mvn com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:install-external

Glad you've got it working, but I don't get why it would work if you build it yourself rather than using the nightly build :?:

@kunnis
This feature has been added to pms. You can try the latest nightly build (see first post and replace all plugins by the ones here)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby kiptanoi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 am

How can I get a folder named ex: "All movies" that will show all my movies A-Z?
Please guide me
kiptanoi

Postby taconaut » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:11 am

@kiptanoi
A A-Z folder is created by default when installing. You just have to scan your folders first to import the files.
To add a new A-Z folder, there is an option when adding a auto folder. All folders can be renamed in the tree.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Heba » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:53 pm

TMDB

I really don´t get it.

In the Tab general theres a Button set user for TMDB but any time i click it nothing happens.

also when i import files and choose the imdb plugin i still dont have covers or trailers on my ps3.

in the tree i only use the folders option.

Am i doin anything wrong? been testing it for weeks now with different movieinfoplugins and so on but nothing will work :/
Heba

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds