MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby ExSport » Fri May 04, 2012 7:45 am

ExSport

Postby YannMor » Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, as I am trying again to install the plugin from scratch, I am getting more confused. I downloaded Sharkhunter-MovieInfo-ce07179.zip. This is what you get when you go straight from http://www.ps3mediaserver.org --> FAQ --> PMS Plugins --> Movie Info. When I unzip it, it has a bunch of files and folder. The original instruction from jaqb (http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2126#p8776) just says: 'all you have to do is download the file unzip it and replace the jar and MOVIEINFO.conf in PS3MS directory'.
I assume the Sharkhunter-MovieInfo-ce07179.zip is equivalent to the jar. He doesn't say why it is not in the plugin directory (as the plugin page says) rather than the PMS directory. I tried both without success. I am obviously missing something obvious. I have been all over this topic and tried a number of other suggestions without success.
I am using Windows XP, and I could use some guidelines about how to deal with the MovieInfo jar or zip files to install them in a PMS directory.
Thanks again.
YannMor

Postby YannMor » Fri May 04, 2012 4:16 pm

ExSport wrote:What about this one?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2126&start=520#p63942

Just realized you posted this. I downloaded Compiled_UnpackItInPluginsFolder.zip and will try later today.
Should I unpack the jar file as well in the plugin folder, or leave it as a jar file? (Sorry for the possibly dumb question)
YannMor

Postby ExSport » Sat May 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Leave it as JAR file :!: 8-)
Both files (.JAR and .CONF) move to PLUGINS folder and check MOVIEINFO.CONF file is not in root of PMS folder so the one from PLUGIN folder is used.
ExSport

Postby YannMor » Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks a lot! Your help was key. Everything seems to work now. Great plugin!
YannMor

Postby ExSport » Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Great you made it working 8-)
ExSport

Postby kiptanoi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi!
I got this working, but only if the movie is unpacked from its rar archive.
If the movis is unpacked, then I got "There is no titles" inside the "IMDB INFO" folder.

Any solution to that? (except unpack my movies)

Thanks
kiptanoi

Postby heavyrain » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello,
everything works fine with the Movie Info Plugin. Only the Pictures and Thumbnails from the Cast doesn't work.
I have PMS 1.53.0 and pmsencoder 1.60. I have tried it with all movieinfo.jar Files but it didn't work. :cry:
In the Past it works Fine! Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot!
heavyrain

Postby thebears » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 am

Xylexis wrote:Hi there all,

I was in a good mood so I decided to check out the latest sourcecode for the movieInfo plugin and see If I could get the trailers working again.
And I got them working again :-) took about 5 min, with the help of some old source I had laying around.
You will need the latest version of pmsencoder 1.5.11 for it to work. And the latest 1.50 pms
Now you can go into the IMBD info and click the title link where you could normally see the movieposter.
Here two trailer links will be added, Youtube and Google. I won't promise the trailer will be the correct trailer, but hey, it's a start.

I'll add the sourcecode as an eclipse workspace and the compiled jar as well. Rename from .zip to .jar

Have fun with it.

Greets Xylexis

How do i install this, i have tried and tried, save the whole file to "plugins" renamed and still nothing when i restart pms.

Can i have some PMS for dummies 101 please.
thebears

Postby thebears » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 am

ExSport wrote:
Xylexis wrote:...I was in a good mood so I decided to check out the latest sourcecode for the movieInfo plugin and see If I could get the trailers working again....

Hi Xylexis
Please try to use latest sources so when somebody will fix or add some new things, it will not lost in next version like in your last one.
Also all, please use utf8 for source code to not break plugins functionality. Some plugins are using special chars which can corrupt by using different code pages. Thx ;)

I used your last source code and added/fixed some things:
  • Deprecated code rewritten for higher compatibility in the future
  • Fixed Genre info in IMDB plugin
  • Fixed CSFD.CZ plugin
  • Removed leading "____ " when showtags=false
  • Logging enabled: "MovieInfo - Resolved link for gathering data:" and "MovieInfo - SEARCH link sent to GOOGLE:" written to debug.log
  • Old versions filtered moviename to ASCII chars only so foreign chars(diactrics) were removed. Now also these chars are supported
  • Old versions automatically removed year from moviename. By using it, results are much more accurate, so removing is disabled by default (configurable in .conf file)
  • New ILanguage and RemoveYear params added. Check .conf file how to use it
  • "- IMDb" and "IMDb -" strings filtered from displaying
As seen above I added new params to be configurable which helps in search results to be more precise.
ILanguage is Interface language of google search. Now we can configure it because some movie names are not found in "english" google but it is found by "czech/polish/..." google.
It is recommended to use your native country/language code also in case you are using "english" IMDB.
At last, you can check search link generated by MovieInfo in debug.log. It can help in debugging why wrong or no movie was found 8-)
Hopefully you will like it.
ExSport
EDIT:
Compiled_UnpackItInPluginsFolder.zip file updated! MediaInfo.conf renamed to MEDIAINFO.conf for better compatibility with Linux/MacOs systems (case sensitive) :idea:
If you have old MOVIEINFO.conf file in root folder, be sure to backup and delete it(merge needed changes with new conf file). Priority is set to load .conf file from root and if not found it tries to load file from PLUGINS folder.
So if old file exists in root, PLUGINS folder is ignored when conf file is loaded so new params ILanguage and RemoveYear are ignored.

Where do i have to place the source file mentioned in this post? Stuck
thebears

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins