Concurrent requests

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: Concurrent requests

Postby ExSport » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 am

You are right, exactly same exception generated in your log again when buffer was growing up....need to check it eg. with XBMC in the evening...
EDIT:
OK, tested latest GIT version with ThreadSafe code and without it and I wasn't able to replicate your prob.
I tested it on Windows XBMC also with faked "UserAgentSearch" to detect it like SamsungAllShare and no problems found.
What size of buffer you have? Try to change it if it affects when exception is generated(if it is exactly in time when buffer is filled or it doesn't matter on its size)
ExSport

Postby StreamHD » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 pm

I've been doing some tests and have managed to get it working better. This does seem to be a performance problem (despite using previously working settings). I can replicate this problem in older builds by setting max buffer to 600mb and upscale to 1080p with de-interlacing and max transcode quality settings.

The TV times-out after 1 minute, it seems like its taking longer than this for the buffer to fill (difficult to say because of odd buffer behaviour).

I can get it to transcode quite reliably by changing SamsungAllShare.conf as follows:
TranscodeVideo = MPEGTSAC3 (I can not get this working with MPEGAC3)
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 50 (25Mbps is too low and transcoding will only sometimes work. 50Mbps provides a huge performance increase and MPEGTS playback is much more reliable)

Also I tried lowering the max buffer from 400mb to 250mb, didn't really notice a difference between the two.

With the modified settings, streaming will usually start after 50 seconds.

Edit:
I got MPEGAC3 to transcode by adding the following lines:
TranscodedVideoFileSize = 100000000000
ChunkedTransfer = false

Also strange, the PS3 starts playback at 15 seconds and has a full buffer by 45 seconds. I don't think these problems can be blamed directly on the commit... perhaps should be looking at the Samsung protocol instead...
PMS 1.50.1-Snapshot (latest commit); 400MB buffer;
Samsung LCD D550 Series with custom conf; Sony PS3; Xbox 360;
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;
StreamHD

Postby Eyy » Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 am

Is there any fix yet for this problem? I have issue 1318 which have been merged in to issue 1156.
The issue is regarding the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException that occur when transcoding starts.
Eyy

Previous

Return to Developers