Styled Subtitles

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Styled Subtitles

Postby jozua » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

Well i haven't tried this with mandriva 64 yet, but the main problem i run into is that on 64 bit systems you dont have the w32codecs package. You can use w64codecs, but that one misses a lot of codecs compared to the other one. Either you have to crosscompile (which i tried and failed at a couple of times) or just give up on 64 bit systems.
Since my system does not have over 4 GB of memory there's little point to a 64 bit system anyway. It would be nice to make full use of the 64 bit processor, but it seems microsoft's proprietary codecs are not coming to 64 bit systems anytime soon, maybe we'll finally get a spinoff now since 64 bit processors are pretty much everywhere now and with w7 other companies finally decided to support their hardware on 64bit. It'll happen, but it just takes a while.
jozua

Postby Doomstalk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Hm, I applied that patch to the latest source in the SVN repository (SVN-r29992-4.3.2) and noted a couple of interesting things:

1) if I enable ASS + fontconfig + ASS default style it'll give me the styled fonts, even if I don't add "-keep-pts" to the settings. According to the mplayer docs, "-ass" implies "-keep-pts", so that option should be superfluous. Is that not the case for you guys?
2) The font scaling and margin settings appear to be nonfunctional. They work fine on Windows, though, with the same settings. If I look at the parameters passed by the Windows version, I see the following:

-ass-font-scale .8 -ass-force-style FontName=Arial,Outline=1,Shadow=1,MarginV=25

There's nothing like this passed in the Linux version. I can manually override using the advanced settings and get them to work on Linux (with the exception of the font override which I removed). Anyone know why they're so different?
Doomstalk

Postby someitalian123 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 am

Is there any ppa where I could get the pre patched mencoder? I'm using mencoder from the mediabunutu paa and it isn't working. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed upstream yet.
someitalian123

Postby happy.neko » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 pm

someitalian123 wrote:Is there any ppa where I could get the pre patched mencoder? I'm using mencoder from the mediabunutu paa and it isn't working. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed upstream yet.

Here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13046
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby someitalian123 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:49 pm

happy.neko wrote:
someitalian123 wrote:Is there any ppa where I could get the pre patched mencoder? I'm using mencoder from the mediabunutu paa and it isn't working. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed upstream yet.

Here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13046

Thank you so much, it works perfectly. I had been using the http://deb.paissad.net/ repo until now and I didn't know another repo existed.
someitalian123

Previous

Return to Linux/Unix Support