Bravia EX series issues

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Bravia EX series issues

Postby mrwendle » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 am

Hi,

I am having some issues with a 32 inch Bravia EX series TV (32EX420) playing files from my PS3 media server running on linux. I should mention firstly, I have no issues with either my xbox 360 or multiple iPad's and iPhones.

The Bravia EX series is detected in the debug log as a renderer and I can see the PS3 media server on the Bravia TV, if I navigate to one of my folders "New" I can see all of the thumbnails of the various files but if I select one say file.MP4 I get nothing... it attempts to play but thats it and I can't see any errors in the debug log.

If i then manually browse into the transcode folder, and then into the folder file.mp4 I can see the Mencoder AVC transcode, the TSmuxer AC3 and so on and so forth, if I then select to play the Mencoder AVC transcode the file plays.

WTF? Why should I have to browse into the transcode folder and pick the version I want, I can do this if I have to but my wife will just complain and wont want to touch it. I am thinking there might be somthing with the config file PMS.conf but not sure... any suggestions or help would be apreciated. I have also upgraded to the latest version of pm3media server with no luck.

I have tried the default config file from the latest version, modified the itnerface to listen on and the folders only and left all other default settings with no luck.

Thanks,

mrwendle
mrwendle

Re: Bravia EX series issues

Postby mrwendle » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am

Sorry, I should also add that once I have played a file from the transcode folder, if I navigate back to my original base folder "New" and then select the file from there it will now play...
mrwendle

Re: Bravia EX series issues

Postby leroy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 pm

What happen if you tick the "Hide#Transcode# Folder" in the "Navigation/Share" tab?

What if you browses to another folder and than back so that the desired folder refreshes?
Does it play than without the use of the transcode folder?

I experiences the same issues with my blu_ray player.
leroy

Return to Alternative Media Renderers