Setting up Folders

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Setting up Folders

Postby jrelt80 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:22 am

I've been trying to properly setup folders for a few weeks now and I haven't been able to get it to work.

I'm currently running Ubuntu Server 10.10 with a samba share that holds my media. I've setup PMS 1.52.1 using this guide: http://irrationale.com/2010/06/30/ps3-media-server-on-ubuntu-10-04/. I have a RAID 5 (setup with mdadm) with 4 1TB drives mounted to '/storage'. I've tried many configurations to get it to try and point to the proper folder but still no success.

\/storage
\//\/storage

I'm just not sure what else I could try.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
jrelt80

Re: Setting up Folders

Postby slooff » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 am

I your PMS.conf file you can manually add the "folders" you want to point PMS to like so (comma-separated if you want to add more than one):
folders = /data/sambashare/Video,/data/sambashare/MP3,/data/sambashare/Fotos
Works like a charm for me ;-)
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby jrelt80 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

When I go to the media server it defaults to '/'. I just have no idea why it isn't working.

I've tried quite a few options. None of them seem to work.

folders = /storage
folders = ///storage
folders = \/\/storage
folders = \/storage
jrelt80

Postby Dirty » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm having exactly the same issue. Brand new to Ubuntu and hoping to never need windows again but this is a key program so need to get it woring.

I have 4 hard discs but PMS is only giving me access and allowing me to chose from the Ubuntu partition.

Any help would be gratefully received. In the meantime I'm going to reformat one of the other drives in ext 3 or 4 and see if PMS like that better?
Dirty

Postby chocolateboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Dirty wrote:I have 4 hard discs but PMS is only giving me access and allowing me to chose from the Ubuntu partition.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9976&hilit=/media
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Dirty » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Chocolateboy I lubb you too mutt!! Thanks.

For those of you who are, like me, completely Linux illiterate, look in the /media folder to find all the other drives on your system.
Dirty

Return to Linux/Unix Support