Automatically Mount Network Drives

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Automatically Mount Network Drives

Postby styro » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 am

I have been trying to figure out how to keep network drives from disconnecting on the network, like rebooting pc with the network drive, and getting a warning from pms that "the directory doesn't exist and to remove from shared folders list". I came across this site researching writing a script to automatically mount and keep checking at intervals to make sure network drive was still mounted. Well someone has done all the work for me. I just needed to fill in my own info and it works great. So if anyone else has this problem here's the url: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index. ... ic=10274.0
styro

Re: Automatically Mount Network Drives

Postby Kriana » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:58 pm

You can also mount a network drive on startup by doing the following:
Go to apple menu> System Preferences>Users and Groups

Select yourself, and click on the login items tab. Click the "+" at the bottom of the pane, and select the network drive you want connected on startup.
Kriana

Re: Automatically Mount Network Drives

Postby styro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:28 am

Not if you restart system with the network drive(s). I have 3 systems with ps3ms installed and all the media drives are on 1 system. What was happening is if you tried to use ps3ms on another pc after network drive rebooted, was the network drives would get unmounted, ps3ms would declare an error that drives were not available and to delete from shared folder menu. Then I'd have to mount drives, delete from menu and reenter drives to menu then restart ps3ms. For some reason ps3ms wouldn't reconize remounted drives if they weren't avalible the first time around. So with this script running automatically every couple of minutes, it checks to see if drives are mounted and if there not it will mount drives. I also edited script and replace itunes sections with ps3ms so if drives are not mounted ps3ms shuts down until drives are available for mounting, then script mounts drives, and restarts ps3ms. If you disconnect a drive from network, the only way to remount on another pc is to manually mount it or have it set up in user settings and reboot like you wrote. What I really need to do is get a server so my system is just for my work and server for media files. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure I explained what exactly was happening. By the way, the reason we use 3 different systems is me and my wife use our sony tv and our son and daughter each have sony media players smp-n200's. Great little units for about $60 each that have had no problems streaming files that our $2000 tv won't. Go figure!
styro

Return to Mac OS X Support