Public Jenkins instance

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: Public Jenkins instance

Postby taconaut » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am

Ah, you're right, it's accessible if browsing through the workspace. That's good enough for me, as I can reference an always up to date javadoc. It'll be nice for people wanting to develop plugins to have interface descriptions available.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:10 pm

@smo
Could you please tell Jenkins to package the pom at the root instead of root/ps3mediaserver for pms-mlx? It should work now and I'll change the folder structure back to the same one pms has pretty soon (which will break the current configuration).
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby smo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:53 pm

taconaut wrote:@smo
Could you please tell Jenkins to package the pom at the root instead of root/ps3mediaserver for pms-mlx?

Ok, I've changed the job to use "/pom.xml".
smo

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Cheers
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Just spotted the build is failing with an OutOfMemoryError:

Code: Select all
FATAL: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

There are some suggestions and solutions here.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby TheLQ » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:33 am

Once the kinks get worked out it would be nice have an easy, quick process to get forks into Jenkins, IE forks like my VLC project. They would probably be temporary but it would make things very easy since you can say "Hey, I just changed X, can you all test it before it gets merged upstream?"

Also if your in need of more processing power I have at least one server I could donate to the cause as a build node. PM if interested
TheLQ

Postby smo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 am

chocolateboy wrote:Just spotted the build is failing with an OutOfMemoryError:

FATAL: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

There are some suggestions and solutions here.

Sorry for the slow response, I have been on holiday.. However because of linux kernel updates I've restarted the server on Saturday, after that all builds are fine again. The bad thing is that I'm not sure what caused the error. Let's just wait and see if it hits us again..

TheLQ wrote:Once the kinks get worked out it would be nice have an easy, quick process to get forks into Jenkins, IE forks like my VLC project. They would probably be temporary but it would make things very easy since you can say "Hey, I just changed X, can you all test it before it gets merged upstream?"

Also if your in need of more processing power I have at least one server I could donate to the cause as a build node. PM if interested

After all Jenkins does "only" a full build of a fork. To verify that the build is working, a local 'mvn clean package' would be enough (and IMHO is mandatory before committing anything). So Jenkins primary target are forks that "live" at least a few weeks and should be tested by users. Another reason would be to track the amount of find bugs warning over time.
For that purpose a simple request in this thread would do the trick and I will setup a new Jenkins job. All I need is:
- the repository to use
- the branch to checkout
- location of the pom.xml to use
- the maven build goals you prefer (e.g. 'mvn clean package')

Please understand that due security reasons I don't want to give other users admin access to Jenkins on my server at the moment. That might change in the future.

The processing power is only a problem when using the 'site' goal that includes e.g. findbugs that needs more than 1gb of ram. But I like your idea of using slaves to distribute the load. I've never done this with Jenkins but if you like you can setup a slave and I'll try to integrate it.

Cheers,
smo
smo

Postby taconaut » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:14 am

@smo
I had first noticed the pms-mlx nightly fail and subsequently, all others. It seems the memory isn't being fully released after a job has ended.

@TheLQ
You can give buildhive a try for now. With almost a 0-config you get a free Jenkins instance building a repo with all its branches (by defaut)
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:08 pm

The VLC engine patch (it's not a fork) doesn't add any tests and doesn't touch any code that's tested.

smo wrote:Sorry for the slow response, I have been on holiday.. However because of linux kernel updates I've restarted the server on Saturday, after that all builds are fine again.

Thanks. I'm still seeing this error on Jenkins (can't reproduce it locally):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.pms.dlna.LibMediaInfoParser

It's probably caused by this:

Failed to create temporary file for jnidispatch library: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby smo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks! It's fixed now.
The problem was the jna directory in /tmp that was owned by the wrong user (because of a manual build I've started).
smo

PreviousNext

Return to Developers