pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (12-04-01 v0.7)

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Moved topic to beta builds
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm

taconaut wrote:@killa339
As said, I've never 'intentionally' implemented support for folder thumbnails, so everything you see is some kind of side effect. I'll have a look at it when I get some time. You'll have to test it as I got no way to see folder thumbnails ;)

I understand. I just wanted to give more info because of the folder mask issue I was also seeing. I thought it wasn't just a thumbnail issue. And I'll be happy to test anything you have.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:32 pm

@killa339
Having a detailed explanation of how it is currently working will probably be useful. I'll come back to you when there's something to test.
https://github.com/taconaut/pms-mlx/issues/35
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Xytop » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:59 am

I'm thinking about moving the pms to my server and was wondering if it is possible to configure the mlx features over the console?
Xytop

Postby taconaut » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 am

Xytop wrote:I'm thinking about moving the pms to my server and was wondering if it is possible to configure the mlx features over the console?

In a very limited way. Have a look at this post. Click on the web services plugin button to show the URLs where the web services are accessible.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 am

killa339 wrote:Anyway, let me go into more detail with what I saw, because I really do think there is an issue here.

I'm in Media Library tab, under the Tree section.

- I right click a folder I added under the tree and choose edit.
- It currently is set to "Display as File" at the bottom.
- I set the thumbnail to be a cover.
- I go eh, actually I want this to be displayed as a folder so I can show other info too. I change it to "Display as folder"
- The view changes to a listing like:
Code: Select all
 %name (%year) --> depicted as a green folder in the gui
   Plot --> depicted as a green folder in the gui
     %overview

- I right click the first green folder "%name (%year)" and choose edit.
- I set the thumbnail here to be a picture of my choice.
- I save everything and look at the listing on my tv.
- Everything is being displayed, but the folder icons have tiny cover thumbnails being rendered in the center of them.
- I go back to program, change it back to "display as file"
- I change the thumbnail setting, which I had previously left as cover, to the specific pic I had set when I right clicked the green folder.
- I then change it back again to "display as folder"
- Now when I look at the listing on the tv, the covers are not displayed and the pic I wanted is now rendered in the center of the folder icon.

So, even though I can edit the folder to show a thumbnail, it seems that whatever is set under "display as file" takes precedence. Now interestingly enough, this only happens to the initial folder. All other folders inside it take the thumbnails that I set for them individually. Also, the mask setting under "view as file" takes precedence over the mask I set for the first folder. For example, even though the first folder was set to "%name (%year)" because I had only "%name" for the mask under the "display as file" view, only the name was displayed for the folder. I had to switch back to "display as file", change the mask to look exactly like it did for the other view and then change it back to "display as folder". Again, only the first folder is affected.

Having had a look at the code, I couldn't have explained it better :) The latest nightly should fix it.
If you try it out you have to replace (or delete) the plugins filedetail.tmdbrater.jar and fileimport.tmdb.jar from here (even if you are not using them). Keep the old ones if you want to revert to a previous version as they aren't compatible with each other.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:13 am

Cool, I'll give this a whirl.

I'm getting a 404 on the link you provided though.
killa339

Postby taconaut » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 am

I've updated the link after having made changes to the build process. If the direct link doesn't work it is always possible to enter through the main Jenkins page http://pms.smoeller.de/
taconaut
Project Member

Postby killa339 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:39 am

taconaut wrote:Having had a look at the code, I couldn't have explained it better :) The latest nightly should fix it.
If you try it out you have to replace (or delete) the plugins filedetail.tmdbrater.jar and fileimport.tmdb.jar from here (even if you are not using them). Keep the old ones if you want to revert to a previous version as they aren't compatible with each other.

Finally got around to test all this. Using the latest nightly (4-23-12). The folder issue is fixed and I'm correctly getting revenue info on the movies.

Things are looking great, thanks for everything!
killa339

Postby taconaut » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 am

@killa339
Sounds good, thanks for testing.

@all
Please drop a line in this thread if you stumble across bugs. There must be some left and I can't find them all by myself.
taconaut
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds