Hi10 (10-bit video) question

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Hi10 (10-bit video) question

Postby criostage » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi, I m fairly new using PS3MediaServer, i had it working under an windows computer for a while and since i started to mess up with linux i decided to make an "Home Server" for my streaming needs. I have all videos working nicely so far(the older ones), however this new format that Anime fan sub's are starting to adopt (the 10bit or Hi10) i m unable to play it properly, all videos in this format show only an black screen and only the audio can be heard. Under windows with CCCP codec pack works fine (the latest one that supports the Hi10 format) so i m sure it's something that i don't have properly configured or anything i don't have installed. All how to are always directed to Windows Users.

An small edit: if any one know's how to place subtitles from MKV containers as well that could share how you done it i would appreciate it.

My system information:

PS3MS Version: 1.50.1 installed using this deb packages viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13046
CPU: Quad core CPU Q9550@ 2.83GHz
RAM: 4Gbs DDr2
criostage

Re: Hi10 (10-bit video) question

Postby happy.neko » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Via XMB navigate to -Transcode- subfolder -> file name -> [mencoder] with desired audio and subtitles track.
It can fix black screen problem too.
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby criostage » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 pm

happy.neko wrote:Via XMB navigate to -Transcode- subfolder -> file name -> [mencoder] with desired audio and subtitles track.
It can fix black screen problem too.

i actually had the transcoding folder was disabled for some reason ... but it's nice to know that solved my issue thank you very much. You by any chance know how to make the subtitles font smaller?
criostage

Postby happy.neko » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm

criostage wrote:You by any chance know how to make the subtitles font smaller?

PS3MS configuration.
Transcoding settings -> MEncoder -> (uncheck) Use embedded ASS style -> Font scale.
[Save] button
happy.neko
Project Member

Postby criostage » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Thank you once again =)
criostage

Postby happy.neko » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 am

by the way you can keep "Use embedded ASS style" checked if you want to change font only for SRT subtitles and keep SSA subs styling.
happy.neko
Project Member

Return to Linux/Unix Support