Stream Desktop

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Stream Desktop

Postby gordoncanada » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 am

Different people have discussed this feature request in various locations over the years, but I would like to make it a formal feature request. Would it be hard to have an option to stream the desktop to the PS3? It could show up as a movie icon on the television when the PS3 Server is selected. All this option would do is play the desktop on the television. It would offer no control, so would be no good for gaming, but it would allow any visualization playing on the computer to be seen on the television. Lots of people would love to be able to play different visualizations on their t.v. while streaming music through their PS3. It would also be a simple way to watch YouTube videos, e-mail attachments, etc. on the main television. I'm a fairly savvy computer user, but I have not found a simple way to do this at all. I don't mind running to the computer room to change the music.
Please, why not?
Thanks, gordoncanada
gordoncanada

Re: Stream Desktop

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 pm

gordoncanada wrote:It would also be a simple way to watch YouTube videos

There are already several simple ways to stream YouTube videos, much simpler than streaming the desktop, which doesn't work well for reasons I've already outlined.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Feature Suggestions