Which audio option is the best?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Which audio option is the best?

Postby cudwortho » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:37 am

I just purchased a brand new Denon receiver which supports all the new HD audio options. I have the PS3 ran to the receiver via HDMI. Which audio option is best? Keep DTS audio in stream or DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux? Any reason to have them both checked?
cudwortho

Re: Which audio option is the best?

Postby cudwortho » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:37 am

When a movie is playing and I hit the select button on the ps3 remote, I'm getting 1.5MB on the keep DTS audio in stream option and 4.6MB using the DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux option. So would this mean the DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux option is the better choice since it's sending far more info out?
cudwortho

Postby Neuendorf » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:04 am

I wouldn't say so, since the source audio track is also only 1,5MB/s. The later one is only decrompressed and therefore in a higher bitrate. The "DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux" would make sense to me, when PS3MS would be able to decode DTS-HD or Dolby True HD which is at higher bitrates than 1,5MB/s.
Neuendorf

Postby ExSport » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm

What is better, original DTS audio without any changes or recompressed(recompression always degrades quality) audio with 4times bigger bitrate?
It is your answer....
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support