Xbox 360 not detected

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Xbox 360 not detected

Postby mcalderon87 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello, I have scoured through various post and websites and have tried different things that have come to mind about my issue, so now I am seeking help. I've had the same computer and this has worked perfectly at my other home with (Time Warner Cable), but since i have moved into my new apartment with new service (AT&T U-Verse) I have been having nothing but issues with trying to stream media to my xbox which worked perfectly on the other service, I have disabled the windows firewall on my comp(win 7) and that has not worked, I was also having issues with my iphone connecting to some files on my comp, and i read up some info about my provided 2wire modem that has a built in firewall, i tried to disable that and it worked for my phone, even though there was no way to completely disable the firewall i tweaked some settings. I am just kind of confused on what steps i should take, i have chosen the correct network card in PMS and changed the force port several times, that kind of made it work one day, but when i restarted my comp my xbox wouldnt detect the server. so any help or some advice would be greatly appreciated. I have the latest version of PMS. I just want to watch my moviesssss... not even mkv just some avis!!! damniiiitttttttttt

thanks guys...
mcalderon87

Re: Xbox 360 not detected

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby mcalderon87 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:58 am

I have tried all of those steps and followed that guide and still nothing.
mcalderon87

Postby ravacs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Curious if this was ever resolved? I'm having the same exact issue and I've already attempted every single solution and suggestions given in the FAQ. Windows Media Center connects correctly, but that's junk and doesn't actually play the stuff I want, and at the moment I don't have access to a PS3 so it would be nice to get this working on here.
ravacs

Postby pulp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:26 am

Same here. Ever since latest update, it doesn't even see Xbox. 1.71.0
pulp

Return to Alternative Media Renderers