PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC

Postby fstof » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:49 pm

RobertJB wrote:Did a check but without a good result.

Dropped a movie in the movie folder under me a user
"user/movies/DVD/..."
In the Plex Media Server pointed to this folder.
The media sever does download all the relevant information to display in PLEX.
XBMC for PS3 still does not have the information.

I do not know what goes wrong :cry:

Okay
send me the video db file again that I can have a look at it and see if the data looks fine now
fstof

Postby RobertJB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Did upload the DB.

Thanks,
RobertJB

Postby RobertJB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Did a quick install of XBMC and put only one movie in de movies folder.
pointed the plugin to the XBMC database.

Same result, no result.

Just to keep you as up to date as possible.

thanks,
RobertJB

Postby Jose1701 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:16 pm

fstof wrote:
Jose1701 wrote:Thanks a lot. Perhaps I understand the plugin wrong. I thought that I can see the elements in the XMBC Mediaplayer on one of my Windows PCs.

What it does, is it takes whatever videos you have added in your XBMC library, and it surfaces them through PMS to any normal PMS client (and that could be a windows pc)

I don't think I understand you question 100%

Well, I thought that I use my media which is stored on an ubuntu system and stream it to the xbmc mediacenter on my windows pc with a nicer display I actually have in the xmbc.
Jose1701

Postby fstof » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:26 am

Jose1701 wrote:Well, I thought that I use my media which is stored on an ubuntu system and stream it to the xbmc mediacenter on my windows pc with a nicer display I actually have in the xmbc.

The idea is to have all the nice movie/series details that xbmc collects, and display it to any dlna client thru pms.

so... if you have xbmc on your ubuntu box with all your media added to it, you can install pms and this plugin on it and then surface the media to any other client including another windows pc with xbmc.

But if you are already using xbmc on the windows pc, you are probably better off just adding the media directly to it over the network

I hope this makes sence
fstof

Postby beat79 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm running xbmc and PMS on a windows machine.
I managed to configure the xbmc plugin in order to read the xbmc mysql database, so on my ps3 I can see the plugin entry and can navigate through the menus like "year" or "titles".
The issue consists in a "<FILE IS MISSING>" message when I try to open a video from the library.
The library source is a smb share.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.
beat79

Postby fstof » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:30 pm

beat79 wrote:Hi all,

I'm running xbmc and PMS on a windows machine.
I managed to configure the xbmc plugin in order to read the xbmc mysql database, so on my ps3 I can see the plugin entry and can navigate through the menus like "year" or "titles".
The issue consists in a "<FILE IS MISSING>" message when I try to open a video from the library.
The library source is a smb share.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

you say that the library source is an smb share... did you map that share to a drive on your windows machine or are you accessing it directly?

problem is, the plugin cannot access the network directly, unless it's mapped to a local drive eg. M:

let me know
fstof

Postby beat79 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

fstof wrote:
you say that the library source is an smb share... did you map that share to a drive on your windows machine or are you accessing it directly?

problem is, the plugin cannot access the network directly, unless it's mapped to a local drive eg. M:

let me know

On my windows machine that share is mapped with Y:, but on XBMC I'm accessing it directly with smb protocol, because of this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127321
beat79

Postby fstof » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 pm

beat79 wrote:On my windows machine that share is mapped with Y:, but on XBMC I'm accessing it directly with smb protocol, because of this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127321

Sorry man, but as it is... the plugin does not support the smb protocol... If it is really a big issue I might just look into it. :)
fstof

Postby beat79 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:15 am

Thanks a lot! It's a big issue unless I can manage to import local media source into library... hope they can find a solution in the topic I linked from the xbmc forum.

About the smb protocol... do you think It will ask a huge effort to implement this feature in the plugin? If you think this will be useful to other users, I could help with java coding :)
beat79

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins