Error initializing PMS! (Java PB)

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Error initializing PMS! (Java PB)

Postby mendoza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I get this error message since I updated to the latest version for Mac OSX. The rest of the message is:

"Configuration error:org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String:[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V"

I use a Macbook pro with OSX 10.7.3 and Java SE 6. Any help would be much appreciated! :)
mendoza

Re: Error initializing PMS! (Java PB)

Postby mendoza » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:57 pm

hmmm, it does not seem that anyone knows the solution to this :|
Is there a way to download the previous version? (I couldn't find it)
mendoza

Postby meskibob » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mendoza » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I don't know enough to see how it can help my case but I tried... I think that uninstalling java and re-installing it completely may help to solve the problem but it doesn't look straight forward on Mac... Most of the suggestions on this link are actually for Windows and Linux...
Anyway, I liked PMS very much before this upgrade (it was the only server that could stream most movies to my Samsung TV without problems :) ), and I would like to re-install the previous version, since I cannot solve the problem. Could you please tell me whether there is a link to older versions?
mendoza

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 am

All PMS releases can still be downloaded from Google Code.
Note that a new release PMS 1.52.0 is out, you might want to give that a try first.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby mendoza » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks Raptor399, I have tried the 1.52.0 and still got the same problem. Something must be messed up with my Java configuration. I tried to re-install it by downloading the latest version available for Mac on Apple website but it did not help. I will try to download an old version.
mendoza

Postby mendoza » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi,
Just a quick note to say that reversing back to version 1.50.1 solved the problem... So whoever has a similar problem should be able to use this version if (like me) they can't solve it with teh newer versions...

Still, it is frustrating because this is obviously due to some changes from version 1.51.0 onwards.
mendoza

Postby meskibob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:56 pm

You didn't follow the FAQ by posting the debug.log as requested and detailed in the post I linked. We can't really help when you don't post the required information.
If PMS can't even launch to start generating a debug.log, then you need to, again, follow the FAQ and post the required information - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p41214
Specifically:
chocolateboy wrote:If all of the instructions above have been followed and PMS still won't start, further details will need to be provided. Navigate to the PMS installation directory and run:

Linux &c.:

Code: Select all
./PMS.sh > output.txt 2>&1

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mendoza » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Ok, sorry I'm not very good with these things. I re-installed the latest version to get the problem back, I went to the Applications folder where PMS is installed on my Mac and ran the command above. This is what I got in th eoutput file:
-bash: ./PMS.sh: No such file or directory
There was no debug.log file at the indicated location. the PMS.conf file is:

thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
mencoder_ass = true
uuid = 8b588680-eca3-3812-b0e4-6a3ba7c59664
folders = /Users/mendo/Telecharges
iphoto = false
itunes = false
prevents_sleep_mode = true
use_mplayer_for_video_thumbs = true
hidevideosettings = true
engines = mencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,vlcvideo,mencoderwebvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,rawthumbs
minimized = true
hide_transcode_folder = true
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
maxvideobuffer = 600

#internet tvs
videostream.Télévision,France [mencoderwebvideo]=BFM TV,mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv,http://www.issy.com/var/plain/storage/images/entreprises/televisions/bfm_tv/82576-1-fre-FR/bfm_tv_medium.png
videostream.Télévision,France [mencoderwebvideo]=France 24,mms://stream1.france24.yacast.net/f24_livefr,http://www.cedarsrevolution.net/jtphp/images/stories/Lebanon/Analysis/France24.png
videostream.Télévision,France [mencoderwebvideo]=iT\u00C3\u00A9l\u00C3\u00A9,mms://live-wmv.canalplus.fr/reflector:25074?auth=caEaIdpchbqcMdadTdEcjbsbLcHdSbJcgcT-bjzGCX-ds8a-pmBlBzAFJ&aifp=v001,http://www.degroupnews.com/images/news/tv/itele.png
Last edited by chocolateboy on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: reformatted: please (re-)read the linked FAQs
mendoza

Postby daboblin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 am

Just a note to say that I have exactly the same problem. I'm on Lion 10.7.3 with the latest Java patch installed (as of April 12 2012). The Java Preferences app says that I have Java version 1.6.0_31-b04-414.

I also cannot find a debug.log file. The latest version that works for me is also 1.50.1.

It's also worth noting that the suggested debugging action, i.e. to run this:
./PMS.sh > output.txt 2>&1

will not work on the Mac, because it doesn't have a PMS.sh file. The output I get in the system console when I run the app is this:

12/04/12 9:22:51.239 AM JavaApplicationStub: Unrecognized Java VM option ignored: -jar
12/04/12 9:22:51.660 AM [0x0-0x4e94e9].PS3 Media Server: Configuration error: org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
daboblin

Next

Return to Mac OS X Support