pms-mlx (13-12-04 v1.0)

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: pms-mlx (03.12.11 v0.6)

Postby johnnysocko » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks @taconaut. Can't wait to try it out, he says holding his breath :)

Gonna get this stuff downloaded regardless. You guys look like you're having way too much fun.
johnnysocko

Postby taconaut » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

As smo was so kind to set up a build server, you now can always have the most recent nightly build if you want to try out the new features and possibly discover new bugs.
From the above link, download pms-<xxx>-jar-with-dependencies.jar, copy it to your installation directory and rename it to pms.jar (after having renamed the contained pms.jar to e.g. pms-backup20110202.jar). Now you're using the most recent version of pms-mlx. Be aware that this is the version currently being developed and can be incomplete or contain bugs.
It is still recommended to install an official release, because it might contain new binaries (e.g. mencoder) and possibly other setting changes when it's being released.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:26 pm

@Sech
The bug not incrementing your play counts has probably been fixed (commit). It's not in pms-mlx yet, but enabling http engine v2 in the general configuration tab should fix it too.
[edit] if you follow the instructions in the above post to try the nightly build, the issue should be fixed.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

PMS MLX v0.6

Postby Heba » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi there,

i really love this plugin but i got a problem with it and don´t know if thats a configuration issue or not yep implemented:

i really like the sort funktion in the mediathek but i can only sort the file themselve not their folders.

i would like to have an overview over the folders that are sorted like the files when u sort them.

why?

i got loads of files that are called DCIM0001 DCIM 0002 and so on. And they are in folders like: Vacation turkey / Holidays with GF

when i sort it with the file function i get a list like this:

DCIM0001
DCIM1231
DCIM5991
DCIM8418
DCIM1241

istead of the foldernames and the files in them

hope u got my prob :D if not ask me what im talking about :P

thx
Heba

Postby taconaut » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 am

Glad you like it :)
If you're talking about the table in the library view, that's a bug which has been fixed. Check my post about the nightly build above if you want to give it a try before I do a new release.
taconaut
Project Member

Re: pms-mlx <- media library extension (10.03.11 v0.3 [beta]

Postby Hybr1dz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 am

taconaut wrote:Virtual folders lets you group files from different folders into one. With pms-mlx the easiest way to do this is adding a file system folder, where all the folders you specify will also be merged into one.
You've also got many other ways to group files with mlx. If you import a film you'll have its height, width, languages, duration etc. and if using tmdb, you'll have about 50 parameters like the rating, plot... These can all easily be used to e.g. group all films of the same genre in one folder (using auto folders after import can generate a list of all genres, languages etc. folders).

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been waiting for a "virtual folder" feature and I can't believe I didn't see pms-mlx earlier. Just tried it out today, added the file system folders to the tree and it works just as described! Gone are the days where I have to navigate through "Media 1/Movies", "Media 2/Movies", "Media 3/Movies" and so on to find a movie I can't quite remember which Media drive I placed it in.

Fantastic job!
Hybr1dz

Postby killa339 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Just a little poke since PMS was updated to 1.51 :D

Thanks again for all your hard work!
killa339

Postby taconaut » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 am

Hybr1dz wrote:Gone are the days where I have to navigate through "Media 1/Movies", "Media 2/Movies", "Media 3/Movies" and so on to find a movie I can't quite remember which Media drive I placed it in.

This is one of thé main recasons pms-mlx exists :)

@killa339
A new release with many new features to manage the files should be released in the upcoming weeks. 3 issues remaining
taconaut
Project Member

Postby artemisx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 am

This is amazing work, thank you for contributing this plugin. I've wanted such functionality for ages, primarily to make use of rating and genre sorting. I've written my own imdb scraper which I use on my desktop, but having to walk over to the pc when I'm relaxing @ my ps3 is just not cool.

I installed pms-mlx last night and all seems fine, though there's a bit of a learning curve to go through. I had 3 issues that I couldn't get resolved, and this morning read through the length of the post to see if they were answered:

1. Combine F:\TV Shows and G:\TV Shows into one folder while keeping all files belonging to a show in its own folder. I tried adding an auto folder and filtering by folder path = "tv shows". But it puts every file one folder, making it really difficult to scroll through when you have a lot of stuff. I saw this morning that you mentioned using virtual folders to do this, so am going to try it when I get home.
2. Importing data from imdb. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do to get the data downloaded? I read through the wiki as well, but didn't see anything. All my files show up with no genre, no date, no rating. I read somewhere that there was a bug with this. Will clear my library tonight and re-load the media.
3. I would love to use my existing .NFO files (I already have one per movie) to load movie info. I don't think this functionality exists? I am a C# girl myself and my Java is *very* rusty. I've downloaded TmdbMovieImportPlugin_v1 as a plugin example and will see if I can get the NFO import thing going *shudder*.

Thanks again for your hard work, this is AWESOME!!
artemisx

Postby taconaut » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Glad you like it :)
It shouldn't be too much trouble sorting out your issues.
1. Yep, add a file system folder and add all the folders you want to share. All files and folders contained in the configured folders will be merged into the same one.
2. Use the managed folders to import data, there's a big bug when using the scan folder button.
3. Yep, you'll have to write a plugin to do this. It should be pretty easy, just ask if you've got a question. I'm usually more into c# myself.
taconaut
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds