FFmpeg and MEncoder crash...

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

FFmpeg and MEncoder crash...

Postby hooligan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 am

PS3 MS was working fine for a day, streaming 720p MKV files from my iMac. I went to stream the same type files, just newer episodes, and the screen just sits for a while, black, then a message pops up on the PS3 saying "Data is corrupted". When I check the iMac, I have 2 popup messages saying "FFmpeg has uexpectedly quit" and "MEncoder has uexpectedly quit"

Per a friend of mine who's been running this flawlessy for a long time, the only change from default was to put tsMuxeR above MEncoder in the Video Files Engines section. It worked one day, and hasn't since.

I've searched all over this board and none of the suggestions have worked. Any ideas?
hooligan

Re: FFmpeg and MEncoder crash...

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:15 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby hooligan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:26 am

Woops... :?

1. Mac OSX 10.5.8, iMac 2.66ghz core 2 duo, 4gb 800mhz ddr2 sdram, PMS 1.50.1
2. Streaming to PS3, an older 80gig with a 320gb HD swap
3. LAN is wifi, G & N mixed, although PS3 is wired to DLink router. The iMac uses it's N connection, and is where I stream from.
4. Video Files Engines: tsMuxeR first, then MEncoder. These are the only changes I made to the default setup.
5. per my first post:

PS3 MS was working fine for a day, streaming 720p MKV files from my iMac. I went to stream the same type files, just newer episodes, and the screen just sits for a while, black, then a message pops up on the PS3 saying "Data is corrupted". It does this with the MKV files that played fine before. They all show up in the list, when viewed on the PS3 as big circles with a transparent Play icon on them. That icon means they won't play.

When I check the iMac, I have 2 popup messages saying "FFmpeg has uexpectedly quit" and "MEncoder has uexpectedly quit".

6. zip file attached
Attachments
hooligan debug log.zip
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
hooligan

Postby meskibob » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:43 am

OSX 10.5 is not supported with the latest versions of PMS - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13620&p=65698&hilit=10.5#p65698
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby hooligan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:01 am

:oops: Thanks -i had considered that but didn't read far enough to see what the minimum OS requirement was. Trying to revert now.
hooligan

Postby hooligan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:21 am

Re-installed 1.30.1 and it's working like a charm again. Thanks!
hooligan

Return to Mac OS X Support