Plugin: Shutdown computer via UPNP

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Plugin: Shutdown computer via UPNP

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:47 pm

marco275 wrote:Am I the only person that uses this plugin or with whom it's no longer working?

I can confirm the plugin no longer appears in the menu, but we have not been able to come up with a solution yet.

Now each time I want to shut down my server I have to startup my laptop to acces it with RDT.
So if there's someone who can fix this plugin i would be very greatful.

thnx.

I posted a pull request that would add a shutdown folder to PMS by default, but we decided to not go that route and leave it a plugin. You could patch your source accordingly and see if it helps.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby marco275 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

I posted a pull request that would add a shutdown folder to PMS by default, but we decided to not go that route and leave it a plugin. You could patch your source accordingly and see if it helps.

Hi Raptor, thanks for the awnser, would have beet nice if it was a default future in PMS.. then it wouldn't be broken by any future code change.
I'm not capable to patch the code cause i'm not a programmer, so i have to wait patently 'til someone finds the time to 'fix' the plugin then.
marco275

Postby Audioboxer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 am

This plugin saves me getting in and out of bed at night, hope it can be updated for newer builds of PSMS.
Audioboxer

Postby Val Killmore » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 am

I have no issues with this plugin right now. In the past, I have experienced this issue though (where the video settings folder and shutdown 'folder' flicker or only one shows and not the other), and it was always been somehow Java related. Either needing an update, or install is somehow corrupted and needs reinstall.

I'm using Java7_3 right now and Subjunk 68 and the plugin works fine.
Val Killmore: Potato Chip Assassin
SubJunk53--Java 7u4--Acer Aspire 6930 2CoreDuo @ 2.00 GHz 3.00 GB RAM serving to : PS3 Slim -- 2 Xbox360
Val Killmore

Postby Cikkajesolo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

i added this plugin a couple of days ago and it does not work 100%. i see the folder and the options in it but if i select turn off or whatever the pc switches itself off but then reboots and stays on but with a black screen.. any solutions?
Cikkajesolo

Postby jdknight » Sun May 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Would anyone mind if 'take over' this plugin (source control and builds)?

I'm starting to use it myself and made some minor changes for better use with my media center.
jdknight

Postby Raptor399 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 am

jdknight wrote:Would anyone mind if 'take over' this plugin (source control and builds)?

I'm starting to use it myself and made some minor changes for better use with my media center.

Taconaut has it in his plugins for pms-mlx repo.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby taconaut » Mon May 21, 2012 7:18 am

To avoid confusion, the other plugins contained in the linked repo have been updated to use the upcomining plugin system. The ShutdownPlugin has been imported as is and hasn't been maintained.
It would be nice if we'd make the plugin more generic to execute any kind of commands rather then only shutdown. It could contain a list of predefined commands (for win, osx and Linux) as well as a way to input any other command.

That being said, please modify it and send a pull request if useful changes are being done.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby SpAwN_gUy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 pm

i would like to UP the request to Update this plugin to actually work with the latest PMS.
'cause it's, for real, the only plugin i'm using with vanilla pms... oops.. WAS using.
i'm a php developer and i'd like to help, but java is not my native field of work

frack, i can write a php-file that will exec something on request(or a url-param) and will shutdown the server + find a plugin that will do a URL GET request, but it'd be like shooting in your leg or something
SpAwN_gUy

Postby infidel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

taconaut wrote:It would be nice if we'd make the plugin more generic to execute any kind of commands

Newest Jumpy does this, and more :) .
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins