PSM shutting down during iso scanning (fast forwarding)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PSM shutting down during iso scanning (fast forwarding)

Postby HKG » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:44 pm

First off I'd like to say this is the best media server I have used, I started off with XBMC and ran Tversity for a while but still wanted a media server that could play iso's and hd content. I recently installed the latest build 1.10.5 and noticed when I watch iso's that PSM will just shut down during scanning (fast forwarding). This only happens when I stream iso's from my external drive that is attached to my desktop. I can scan through 720p mkv's and full blue ray rips (m2ts) no problem. I have a brand new core i7 rig with 6 gb's ram etc. Could this be due to the usb bottleneck between the PC and external drive?

The error I get is network error on the Ps3 where PSM just shuts down, I started getting this with some 720p mkv's as well. I recently installed a new firewall, but I don't think that is causing problems becuase I can start streaming. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
HKG

Re: PSM shutting down during iso scanning (fast forwarding)

Postby meskibob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Try using the "Jump to" (the curved arrow at the top left of the triangle playback menu on the PS3) instead of FF/RW. I believe MEncoder isn't too happy with FF/RW on iso's and it craps out.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby HKG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 pm

thanks I'll try that
HKG

Postby disco340 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:20 am

Did this work for you? I get the same problems as described. I tried the "jump to" recomendation but the server still crashes. Any other thoughts?
disco340

Return to General Help and Support