Audio in wrong channels

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Audio in wrong channels

Postby masterjack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:08 pm

When I'm demuxing video, the sound is transmitted through wrong channels. I have a 5.1 setup, and the dialogue (which is supposed to be heard through the centre speaker) is coming from the right back speaker. I've tried several tweaks with the settings, but I can't get the sound right. Anyone else have this problem?
masterjack

Re: Audio in wrong channels

Postby Jagged » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:00 pm

masterjack wrote:When I'm demuxing video, the sound is transmitted through wrong channels. I have a 5.1 setup, and the dialogue (which is supposed to be heard through the centre speaker) is coming from the right back speaker. I've tried several tweaks with the settings, but I can't get the sound right. Anyone else have this problem?

Are you using the DTS -> LPCM option? I believe there are a number of people who have reported issues with this. I'm not sure if this has been fixed in the latest release.

In any case, if you have a 5.1 setup and are using HDMI or SPDIF cables to connect the PS3 to the receiver, then you may want to try the "Keep DTS audio in stream", which will allow the ps3 to pass the DTS audio straight to the receiver.
Jagged

Re: Audio in wrong channels

Postby masterjack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanx for the answer. Just got it working! Sound plays great now. This rocks! I'm gonna watch mkv tv-series all weekend now ;-)
masterjack

Return to Linux/Unix Support