Want to contribute

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Want to contribute

Postby cancunmania » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi guys,

I've been using PS3 media server to stream between my PS3 and my PC for more than half a year, and
I think it's a really cool program. I want to contribute in a way as I have some time available in the next few months.

Right now I am a Cs Master student in Switzerland. I've written several programs during projects or internships, and my
skills in C, C++ and Java are pretty decent. One internship I did involved working with the FFMPEG library, while
another involved writing a customized video player with Qt. Most of my projects at college were in Java .
I've also used scripting a bit, mostly unix shell, sometimes Perl or python.

I am doing my thesis which is mostly theoretical. I need to do some programming on a day to day basis just to stay sharp
and not be crushed during future interviews. So if there is something to work on, I will be glad to help.
cancunmania

Re: Want to contribute

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm

The biggest thing is to start submitting patches for issues on the GoogleCode page - https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... ort=-stars
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:54 pm

When digging into an issue, I usually find it very helpful to document the methods that I encounter along the way.
Helps me to understand exactly what the code is trying to do and hopefullly helps others as well.

I'd say: fork the main repository, then set up your favorite IDE, pick something interesting from the list linked above and dig in!
If you end up with something to share, you can create a pull request for it.

Have fun! :mrgreen:
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby cancunmania » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 am

Ok I am going to take a look at it.
cancunmania

Return to Developers