Public Jenkins instance

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: Public Jenkins instance

Postby SharkHunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 am

Feel free to add the SharkHunter Build. It wont build in perl/python yet since maven cannot fetch more than one file at a time from google code (if some maven expert can fix this feel free to do so).
SharkHunter

Postby smo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 pm

SharkHunter wrote:Feel free to add the SharkHunter Build. It wont build in perl/python yet since maven cannot fetch more than one file at a time from google code (if some maven expert can fix this feel free to do so).

Done. There's a little syntax error in pom.xml, after fixing it the build should work.
smo

Postby SharkHunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah I tried to do stuff I don't even know about. Tried to add maven-copy plugin to copy all perl/python stuff from google code. Do I need to say it worked really bad...

Edit pom fixed at least
SharkHunter

Postby taconaut » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:46 pm

I've created a new branch in my fork to change the maven structure a bit, but it doesn't build correctly yet. How can I exclude a branch from building with Jenkins? I thought only the master would be built.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby smo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 pm

taconaut wrote:I've created a new branch in my fork to change the maven structure a bit, but it doesn't build correctly yet. How can I exclude a branch from building with Jenkins? I thought only the master would be built.

My fault, I've configured Jenkins to build not only a specific branch but all branches he can get. I've changed it to "master" now, seems to work.
smo

Postby taconaut » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 am

Cheers, all is looking good now

Could anyone having the rights sticky this thread? I think it deserves it.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 pm

The missing Maven plugin for the PMSEncoder POM has been uploaded. Could you re-enable the PMSEncoder tests (and switch to the 1.5.x-maintenance branch), please?
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby smo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:28 pm

chocolateboy wrote:The missing Maven plugin for the PMSEncoder POM has been uploaded. Could you re-enable the PMSEncoder tests (and switch to the 1.5.x-maintenance branch), please?

I've changed Jenkins to use the 1.5.x-maintenance branch for PMSEncoder.
There seems to be problem with another jar that cannot be found in the repository.
smo

Postby taconaut » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 am

I'd like to have the same test reports for pms-mlx, as for pms (http://pms.smoeller.de/job/pms%20(trunk)/site/project-reports.html). I see the site command is being executed for pms-mlx as well, but it doesn't end up in the right spot (http://pms.smoeller.de/job/pms-mlx%20(trunk)/site/?). I don't get what's different with pms and mlx; do you know if I should change something on my side or if it's a jenkins config issue? When running mvn site locally, files are being generated correctly.
taconaut
Project Member

Postby smo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm

taconaut wrote:I see the site command is being executed for pms-mlx as well, but it doesn't end up in the right spot (http://pms.smoeller.de/job/pms-mlx%20(trunk)/site/?). [...] When running mvn site locally, files are being generated correctly.

On the bottom of page of the latest build, you can see the "Module Builds" that have been build. As you can see, only "PS3 Media Server" has been build. So instead of ./job/pms-mlx (trunk)/ws/target/site/ you can find the site directory for the module in ./job/pms-mlx (trunk)/ws/ps3mediaserver/target/site.

I guess this is caused by the directory structure of the git repository. The checkout is done for git://github.com/taconaut/pms-mlx.git, branch "master". The build is configured to run maven for the pom.xml in "./ps3mediaserver/pom.xml". The command executed by Jenkins is:
Code: Select all
mvn -B -f './ps3mediaserver/pom.xml' clean package site
So everything done by the "mvn site" should be in ./ps3mediaserver/target/site/. The other directory seems to be an orphan from older Jenkins configuration experiments (creation date is 2012-02-05).

I'll try to find a solution for the problem. Right now I have no idea how to fix it.. Any suggestions?
smo

PreviousNext

Return to Developers