PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3MS

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Ps3 Radio Problem

Postby johntippet » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:49 am

I installed PS3 Radio and PS3 Media Server to stream radio stations to my HDTV via the PS3. It mostly works but I get the following error message when selecting some (but not all) of the stations: The data type is not supported. As Murphy would have it, the main station that I am interested in receiving is in this category. Can this be fixed?
johntippet

Re: PS3-Radio: How to add thousands of radio station to PS3

Postby xeddam » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:42 am

Running into issues here:

I am new to the PS3 Plugin world.

I have followed all posted instructions to the tee. However, when I head over to my PS3 to check for the World Radio folder; there is none. I am on "Music". I have also successfully streamed a few movies.

Any idea what I am missing here... thanks!
xeddam

Postby mangaryuuzan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 am

I tried installing PlayStation media server and I can stream music, videos and pictures from my PC. However, I don't see any world radio icon on the PS3. There are only my disc drives.

I am currently re-installing everything. My ps3-radio.exe is at 10%. I ran it as administrator because I am on windows vista. Without running as administrator, web.conf is not modified at all. I hope that I'll see the world radio icon tonight.
mangaryuuzan

Postby mangaryuuzan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Alright. The 3 steps are now complete. I'll launch ps3 media server later when the TV set is free and see how it goes. I would also like to note that I put only the ps3-radio.exe in the pms folder this time. I did not include icons folder and favorites.csv and I'll see if it works.

Once before I opened ps3 media server using the select profile option at the star menu. I loaded web.conf in the program file\pms folder and something called web showed up under music on my PlayStation 3. However, when I chose it and clicked on radio on the ps3, there was something called mplayer or something like that and nothing could be heard. There were no other choices on the "radios" tab on the xmb screen.

Anyway, I'll keep in touch and give you guys details about how it went. :mrgreen:
mangaryuuzan

Postby mangaryuuzan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

:mrgreen: Alright guys. I made it work. This is what I did:

1/ I deleted everything. When I uninstalled I went to the folder location in program files and I deleted the whole folder. When I was using the software, in the traces tab it said that it was linked with a folder in the c drive. There is a hidden folder called programdata and inside there is a pms folder. I deleted that too.

2/ I installed the latest version of PMS.

3/ I put only the ps3-radio.exe in the PMS folder in program files and went through the steps.

4/ I clicked on the start menu, clicked on all programs, looked for ps3 media server and clicked on select profile.

5/ I selected web.conf in the program files folder.

6/ I searched for media servers on my ps3, clicked (pressed x lol!) on ps3 media server and there was the world radio icon. I clicked on that and on listings by country I picked my nation which is Mauritius by the way. Visit Mauritius because it's fun. There I got some radios but not all most probably because the streams are in w3u format.

Thanks for making good software :mrgreen:
mangaryuuzan

Postby zacnotes » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:37 am

Newbie to the whole PMS world, but i like what i can do so far.
Running windows 7 64 bit
PMS version 1.52.0
I can stream audio stored on my PC to my PS3 no problem, but the world-radio menu never shows up.
steps i have taken:
stop pms
move ps3-radio.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server folder
run ps3-radio.exe as administrator
step 1 - seems to go by pretty quick (definitely not 50,000 entries in web.conf when it's done)
step 2 - no errors
step 3 - no errors
close ps3-radio.exe
start PMS
no world-radio.

any clues for the clueless?
Thanks for the help!
zacnotes

Postby Ruskino » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi there
This app sound samazing but I get this message at step 3: Runtime error 75: path/file access error.

Does anyone know what has happened/what I can do?
Ruskino

Postby TheLlama » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Seems the web site the ps3 Radio program is pulling from is offline. Hopefully temporary, I have been using this for a while and thought what the hell, I'll try and refresh maybe get some new stations. Wiped out what I had since there's nothing on the site.

http://station.penbex.com.tw/server_2.php

Hopefully the site maintainer can get this corrected soon.... :?
I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
--Capt. Tenille
TheLlama

Postby teesimmons14k » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 am

Everyone is talking about adding thousands of radio stations on the ps3 using the program ps3-radio.exe, but NO ONE is making it possible for me to download this applet... could someone P L E A S E send me either the link or the program itself and the step-by-step instructions so I can FINALLY get my radio station running on my playstation 3.. it would be EXTREMELY appreciated... and THANKS in advanced!!! :?: :arrow:
teesimmons14k

Postby jrp1967 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 am

I did every thing like you asked and i get no world radio on my ps3 in the ps3 media server list
jrp1967

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins