Want to develope a plugin - where to start ?

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Want to develope a plugin - where to start ?

Postby voguemaster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 am

hi guys,

I'd like to start developing a new plugin. Where do I start ? is there some kind of tutorial on the subject ?
I've been diving a lot into the PMS code and Channels plugin code so I have some basic understanding of things. Would like someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance..
voguemaster

Re: Want to develope a plugin - where to start ?

Postby taconaut » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:32 am

I've made a little wiki page for my custom build that can be useful http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/p ... le=Plugins
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby voguemaster » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for the help taconaut. I'll probably return later on with questions on specific issues. After reading the wiki page and going over some code of other plugins I think I'm good to go for the beginning.
voguemaster

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:16 pm

chocolateboy wrote:PMS-EDL is a plugin that provides support for MEncoder edit decision lists (EDLs) in PMS. In addition, developers may find it useful as a sample/example "Hello, world!"-style plugin.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11286
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby voguemaster » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:43 pm

I created the plugin I wanted and it works as expected in that it finds the media URLs to stream from. They are mp4 files that are accessed via a URL.

My questions is, mainly to chocolateboy, is - can PMS stream them without pmsencoder or managing the transcoding args myself ? I don't mind using pmsencoder
if its going to save me from having to do some work that is already known and tested before.

Any help is appeciated.
voguemaster

Return to Developers