MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby tmknight » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

telsek wrote:Is this still suppose to be working? I don't get a movie info folder over my transcode folder.. but under general tab when i start the server it says movieinfo plugin so i figure i installed it correctly.

• rename to movieinfo-03.6.jar and place in plugin folder
  • configure MOVIEINFO.conf (leave as default until you see it working, then start customizing)
  • ensure permission to "who" ever is running PMS is at least read to the above.
If still not working, attached debug.log
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby ExSport » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Xylexis wrote:...I was in a good mood so I decided to check out the latest sourcecode for the movieInfo plugin and see If I could get the trailers working again....

Hi Xylexis
Please try to use latest sources so when somebody will fix or add some new things, it will not lost in next version like in your last one.
Also all, please use utf8 for source code to not break plugins functionality. Some plugins are using special chars which can corrupt by using different code pages. Thx ;)

I used your last source code and added/fixed some things:
  • Deprecated code rewritten for higher compatibility in the future
  • Fixed Genre info in IMDB plugin
  • Fixed CSFD.CZ plugin
  • Removed leading "____ " when showtags=false
  • Logging enabled: "MovieInfo - Resolved link for gathering data:" and "MovieInfo - SEARCH link sent to GOOGLE:" written to debug.log
  • Old versions filtered moviename to ASCII chars only so foreign chars(diactrics) were removed. Now also these chars are supported
  • Old versions automatically removed year from moviename. By using it, results are much more accurate, so removing is disabled by default (configurable in .conf file)
  • New ILanguage and RemoveYear params added. Check .conf file how to use it
  • "- IMDb" and "IMDb -" strings filtered from displaying
As seen above I added new params to be configurable which helps in search results to be more precise.
ILanguage is Interface language of google search. Now we can configure it because some movie names are not found in "english" google but it is found by "czech/polish/..." google.
It is recommended to use your native country/language code also in case you are using "english" IMDB.
At last, you can check search link generated by MovieInfo in debug.log. It can help in debugging why wrong or no movie was found 8-)
Hopefully you will like it.
ExSport
EDIT:
Compiled_UnpackItInPluginsFolder.zip file updated! MediaInfo.conf renamed to MEDIAINFO.conf for better compatibility with Linux/MacOs systems (case sensitive) :idea:
If you have old MOVIEINFO.conf file in root folder, be sure to backup and delete it(merge needed changes with new conf file). Priority is set to load .conf file from root and if not found it tries to load file from PLUGINS folder.
So if old file exists in root, PLUGINS folder is ignored when conf file is loaded so new params ILanguage and RemoveYear are ignored.
Attachments
Compiled_UnpackItInPluginsFolder.zip
Unpack it in plugins folder (.jar + .conf files)
(57.53 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
sourcecode_20120117.zip
Source code in UTF-8 (2012/01/17)
(33.97 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Last edited by ExSport on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ExSport

Postby fstof » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 am

Hey all
I've got a similar plugin going. Only mine does not do the info scraping itself. It uses XBMC (which already does a great job at collecting info)

Just thought I'd mention it here since it is very much the same.
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13338
fstof

Postby slooff » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 am

Hi ExSport, thanks for the updates! I had to put the MOVIEINFO.conf file in the PMS root, didn't work when in the plugins directory. ;-)
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby ExSport » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am

slooff wrote:Hi ExSport, thanks for the updates! I had to put the MOVIEINFO.conf file in the PMS root, didn't work when in the plugins directory. ;-)

Weird. Maybe you have old MovieInfo.conf file in root? It definitely works with conf file in PLUGINS folder.
Code: Select all
File miConf = new File("MOVIEINFO.conf");
      if (!miConf.exists())
         miConf = new File("plugins/MOVIEINFO.conf");

It means if conf file is not found in root, file from PLUGINS folder is loaded 8-)
ExSport

Postby slooff » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 am

now I see, it's case sensitive. The original conf file from the zip has lowercase characters which I changed when moving it.
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby ExSport » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm

I am not sure, need to check code but my filename is "MovieInfo.conf" and it works so it should not be case sensitive.
EDIT: OK, maybe you are on Linux? Windows are case insensitive so it always finds correct file but for Linux/MacOS you are right. Thanks! Uploaded new zip with correct uppercase conf file 8-)
ExSport

Postby rsteve06 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi there,

I am totally new to PS3 Media Server. I tried installing this plug in based on your first post but got really confused on what files go where. Do you have a step-by-step instruction guide anywhere? I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks! :D
rsteve06

Postby tmknight » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Start here (suggest reading the rest of the tutorial as well): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=15463&hilit=plugin#p15463

If still having trouble explain what you tried, what error you are seeing, along with pms version and OS, attaching debug.log would also be helpful.

Cheers
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby deftrance » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Wonderful! Just started using PS3MP and it's working great... I have this plugin running, but I am curious... is there a way to make the plugin scrape the name of the movie from the folder the file is in? I currently use alot of shortened file names with the full movie name in the folder.
deftrance

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins