Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Postby Raptor399 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

sandmatt wrote:I'm on a mac - where do i put this then?

When you start up PMS, the Traces tab tells you where it gets the renderer configurations from:

Code: Select all
[main] INFO  18:37:40.199 Loading renderer configurations from /Applications/PS3 Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/renderers
[main] INFO  18:37:40.199 Loading configuration file: AirPlayer.conf
[main] INFO  18:37:40.202 Loading configuration file: Android.conf
[main] INFO  18:37:40.204 Loading configuration file: Bravia4500.conf

Place the file in that directory.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby sandmatt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:27 am

Yea I worked it out - man I'm thick at times!

Anyway - it now works great for the most part. I have noticed it occasionally disconnects when running MKV in the first minute but restarting the server tends to fix this so not too much an inconvenience. The biggest issue I have is with a large MKV file stuttering. The file is 10GB! It plays for a minute, pauses says loading, loads, plays for a minute and so on. I'm presuming this is due to demands on the network / wireless functionality, would I get better results if the network was wired? The TV is wired in only my mac isn't but can easily be near the router.
sandmatt

Postby StreamHD » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 am

Theoretically, a network cable should be better but I'm skeptical about this. My Samsung doesn't seem to reach half the theoretical max bandwidth over cable (only start having problems over 20GB though). Anyways, a cable is cheap so it wouldn't hurt to try.

It sounds like you are transcoding/remuxing. If this is the case, its possible that the buffer on the server is running out (Samsung tends to crash if the buffer runs out).

Try the attached conf. This conf will prioritise direct streaming instead of transcoding/remuxing.

Edit: The ultimate test to see if the TV can handle the movie is to play it off USB
Edit 2: Some mistakes in the 1st conf. Rev 2 has been added.
Attachments
SamsungAllShare No Mediainfo rev2.zip
(947 Bytes) Downloaded 487 times
PMS 1.50.1-Snapshot (latest commit); 400MB buffer;
Samsung LCD D550 Series with custom conf; Sony PS3; Xbox 360;
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;
StreamHD

Postby subin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:06 am

This is like peffect for my tv , im looking for an alternative to WMP PlayTo and Mediatomb , thanks

Oh i was also wondering if its possible to stream live flash content to my tv through UPnP ( Ps3 mediaserver ) .
subin

Postby Renren » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 am

I have a UAV55 for australia samsung TV and suddenly the 1.4.3 conf file isnt working. Is there troubleshooting methods i can try?

EDIT:

Also i get this error in the log.

Code: Select all
[New I/O server worker #1-2] INFO  19:14:54.500 Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: SEC_HHP_[TV]UA55D7000/1.0
Renren

Postby SolidNerd » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:51 pm

@Renren u should get the latest samsung conf.Your conf is an old one.Download this one viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8889&start=370#p63734.
SolidNerd

Postby Krobar » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 pm

StreamHD wrote:Theoretically, a network cable should be better but I'm skeptical about this. My Samsung doesn't seem to reach half the theoretical max bandwidth over cable (only start having problems over 20GB though). Anyways, a cable is cheap so it wouldn't hurt to try.

It sounds like you are transcoding/remuxing. If this is the case, its possible that the buffer on the server is running out (Samsung tends to crash if the buffer runs out).

Try the attached conf. This conf will prioritise direct streaming instead of transcoding/remuxing.

Edit: The ultimate test to see if the TV can handle the movie is to play it off USB
Edit 2: Some mistakes in the 1st conf. Rev 2 has been added.

My D series can handle much higher bit rate files over cable. Max is about 40Mbit on cable and 15Mbit on Wireless (Wireless shows 4 bars).
Krobar

Postby StreamHD » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Krobar wrote:My D series can handle much higher bit rate files over cable. Max is about 40Mbit on cable and 15Mbit on Wireless (Wireless shows 4 bars).

Nice! I figured it wouldn't be the case for all D-series TVs. Cabled network performance on my D550 LCD is my only real complaint. What model TV do you have and are you using a wireless-n 300Mbps router?
PMS 1.50.1-Snapshot (latest commit); 400MB buffer;
Samsung LCD D550 Series with custom conf; Sony PS3; Xbox 360;
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;
StreamHD

Postby jbrockerville » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,

First off, many thanks to the hard working peeps at PS3MS. It's a great piece of software that "just works" right out of the box.

And now the latest release of 1.50.1 with added support for Samsung AllShare devices I am super pumped because, if I read correctly, it enables streamed subtitles to my device. Sadly however, I cannot get the subtitles to work. I see the "Move Name {External Subtitles}" bit, but the option to show or hide them is not available. Now, I do not have a Samsung TV, as most of the posts seem to be referring to, I have a Smart Blu-ray player, the HT-D5100 to be exact, but I'm assuming AllShare is AllShare regardless of device, especially since everything else works perfectly. I've also confirmed that my device does in fact support subtitles via SRT file via a USB key.

So, anybody got the latest build to stream the subtitles? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jonathan
jbrockerville

Postby xmax76 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi everybody! First of all let me thank for the PMS software...it's just great. I'm just new to the "DLNA" world so apologize for any silly question i may ask...

And let's come to my problem and sorry if this is a known issue you already addressed in some way. I have a Samsung UEB7000WP and it's working fine with PSM streaming file over Wireless Network (802.11n). Only feature i'm really missing is the possibility to forward/rewind the stream and pick up the vision from the point i left it if it is stopped, as it is using an USB device directly connected to the TV. Is it smtg possible with some adjustments on the configuration?

Thank you very much for any comment or suggestion.

Ciao
xmax76

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers