Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Samsung AllShare uPnP/DLNA

Postby doctur » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:18 am

I just installed PS3MS on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit server and edited the SamsungAllShare.conf file. I found that the one attached to this topic and the one in the install are identical except for the "UserAgentSearch" line which I understands means nothing....Can anyone point out why there is a different exe and conf file? Are they the same as the actual ones?
doctur

Postby StreamHD » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Read over the last few pages... the modified useragentsearch is important for newer devices/firmwares to be detected. For the rest it doesn't mean much.
You do not need a modified exe unless you want a custom build of PMS.
PMS 1.50.1-Snapshot (latest commit); 400MB buffer;
Samsung LCD D550 Series with custom conf; Sony PS3; Xbox 360;
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;
StreamHD

Postby CrustMAster » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

CrustMAster wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with video/audio sync issues? I never had problems like this when I used the PS3 as a renderer, but now that I am using my Samsung PN58C, the audio is out of sync to varying degrees with all different types of files. It may be my imagination, but I think it even changes throughout the video. I've tried reinstalling PS3 Media encoder and all my codecs from scratch, but no dice. The problem happened with both 1.4 and 1.5 versions. I'll post logs if you think it would help, but I'm not getting any errors. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Any ideas on this? I looked back through the posts, and saw that at least one other person has confirmed the issue, and I agree with his observation that it gets worse on longer titles (I.e. Movies are more out of sync than tv shows)
CrustMAster

Postby anastako » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 pm

SamiMakinen wrote:
anastako wrote:This is true.
confirmed that External Subtitles are mentioned but ARE NOT DISPLAYED ...

why ???????? :shock:

If the TV shows it gets subtitles (tv functionality for subs enabled) but doesn't show them -> I think this happens when the server responds with the CaptionInfo header saying that subtitles can be downloaded, but the tv cannot use the subtitles gotten from the server. Unsupported subtitle format for example or if the subtitle url doesn't have the file-extension that the TV recognises. Atleast my TV seems to need the filename in the url end with .srt to show srt subtitles. If the url doesn't have the file-extension, the subtitle function on tv is enabled but subtitles aren't shown (even if the subtitles are in supported format).

fxandrei wrote:Everything kinda works fine (one movie did not work) except the fact that i dont get any subs.
I see in the name "external subtitle" but when i play it it does not show any subtitle.

Thank you very much for your interest and your answer,

I am sorry I just can not get it... The TV displays the movie(External Subtitles) my subs are either sort or sup or both. Regardless are not displayed... Can't I just transcode them to embed them in the movie on the fly???? How can I change the caption info header you mention?

Cheers!!

What can be wrong ?

Have you tried this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3811&p=61411#p60478

PS3MS appends the "external subtitle" text to the media files display name if it detects the file has a subtitle attached. Since the files are not transcoded for the tv, the subs are not "burned in" to the video. The tv supports external subs but the official code doesn't have the functionality to serve them separately from the video. The code in the link above adds this functionality.
anastako

Postby StreamHD » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm

CrustMAster wrote:
CrustMAster wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with video/audio sync issues? I never had problems like this when I used the PS3 as a renderer, but now that I am using my Samsung PN58C, the audio is out of sync to varying degrees with all different types of files. It may be my imagination, but I think it even changes throughout the video. I've tried reinstalling PS3 Media encoder and all my codecs from scratch, but no dice. The problem happened with both 1.4 and 1.5 versions. I'll post logs if you think it would help, but I'm not getting any errors. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Any ideas on this? I looked back through the posts, and saw that at least one other person has confirmed the issue, and I agree with his observation that it gets worse on longer titles (I.e. Movies are more out of sync than tv shows)

On my D550 LCD:
- when streaming: I do experience various kinds of sync problems, depending on the video format, however I get the same problems when playing from USB (so not PMS there). Usually skipping back and then forward re-syncs everything for a while.
- when transcoding: when theres some disturbance in transmission, e.g. the buffer runs out, then sync problems occur and can't be corrected.
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;
StreamHD

Postby dysje » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 pm

I have this weird issue. The common stuttering issues with MKV actually. But I've found some strange things that make the issue stranger than it was before. MKV high-ish bitrate files stutter, this is common, many people have this issue with Samsung TV's. What I've noticed is that if I get my notebook involved over Wifi, I have no stuttering at all! If I connect the same notebook over wired connection .... stutters!

Now, if I use my desktop over a wired connection, there be the same stutters as the notebook with wired connection. However the network itself seems perfectly fine for all other purposes (1gbit etc. transfer between clients 50MByte a second minimum).

So, notebook wifi (144mbit): fine (broadcom)
Notebook wired: not fine (realtek chip)
Desktop wired: not fine (marvell yukon chip)

Accesspoint in all cases is the same. A Cisco DOCSIS 3.0 cable modemrouterswitchwirelessaccesspoint. The local network speeds are really good and solid for all purposes. So it's hard to believe its a network issue. Something sets the wired config apart from the wired config and is the sole cause of this issue. I've found a few more people with this issue that have the exact same things I'm noticing.

I would suggest for anything that has these issues, to connect the PS3 Media server system to a wireless connection and see if the problems persist. (of course noting that the wifi has to be of sufficient speed)

(using UE46d5000 TV)
dysje

Postby sandmatt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung UE40D6530.

I have PMS installed on a Mac running OSX Lion. The PMS will stream Avi's to my tv but not MKVs. It just says it doesn't support the file format. Can anyone help? I know there is a config file to download but, and I maybe being thick here, I don't know where to put it / load it.

Any help?
sandmatt

Postby sandmatt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:07 am

I actually wonder if this is a problem with the TV - I've tried TV Mobili and and serviio, MKVs still don't stream.
sandmatt

Postby StreamHD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:36 am

sandmatt wrote:I actually wonder if this is a problem with the TV - I've tried TV Mobili and and serviio, MKVs still don't stream.

download/file.php?id=2042 should work for you. Quit PMS then extract it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\renderers". If you make a backup of the existing file, rename it to SamsungAllShare.conf.bak.
StreamHD

Postby sandmatt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm on a mac - where do i put this then?
sandmatt

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers