Windows 7 prevent os from sleep not working?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Windows 7 prevent os from sleep not working?

Postby amp1080 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 am

nope that didn't work, is this feature working for everyone? does anyone have a fix?
amp1080

Postby amp1080 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 am

alright so inbound and outbound rules fixed it, open up 5001 for both udp and tcp on your router and windows firewall, :/ i feel like a dumbass lol but hey its fixed!
amp1080

Postby danse » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:38 am

Hi amp1080,

For the noobs like myself, are you able to give a step by step of your fix? Much appreciated!
danse

Postby amp1080 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:37 am

Naa it's not a fix, it's acuallly really strange because it will stay awake on certain files eg 2012, Inception but not on other files How I Met Your Mother.

I'm now going uninstall and reinstall java and see if its only doing it to mkv files.
amp1080

Postby amp1080 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

So its not just mkv files although uninstalling all java applications and reinstalling the latest java seems to have fixed it, ill keep testing and keep posting my updates, but im not indoors that often nowadays, its summer!!!

danse, i'm not sure if what i did in terms of inbound and outbound rules is required, if you can see and stream media on your PS3 then i think you should be fine, I would try uninstalling all Java then reinstall the latest Java, hope that helps!

Some brief instructions Click start, tyep in firewall and press enter, choose top left inbound rules, create new rule for port, port is 5001 and name it accordingly. Repeat for port 1900 and repeat both for outbound rules. I also created a third rule that was associated to a program and selected PMS.exe.

You will also have to do this on your router or any other personal firewall you may have going on your system.

Here is a link provided in the PS3 Media Server Tutorial/FAQ sticky in this forum

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/05/17/java-ps3-media-server-for-dummies-chapter-2-networking-and-technical-basics/
amp1080

Postby ishareit » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 am

Regarding the windows service that can prevent your os from going to sleep while ps3 is running....

Here is the link to the setup that will install it as a Windows Service called "Prevent Sleep".
http://www.4shared.com/file/ObQx4iUc/PS ... Sleep.html

After you install it, go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SumitSoft\PreventSleep" and edit the PreventSleep.exe.config file. Under the IPAddressList key, add the IP address(es) of the devices that if running should prevent your PS3 Media Server computer from going to sleep, in this case, the ip address of your ps3.

This comes with no warranties and if someone really needs a source code, I can provide it too. It is a .Net application that requires .Net framework 2.0 that all windows machines should have.

I hope this helps someone in need
ishareit

Postby GasMan320 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 am

Thank you so much for posting this. I sent you a PM stating the same but also wanted to post it here in case this got your attention sooner.

Would it be possible to change PreventSleep to have a version that would kill the javaw.exe task when the PS3 is no longer pingable and then restart it again? I have quite a few machines running PMS and I have noticed a lot of times the memory size of the javaw.exe gets so big that when I try to play a movie I get "data corrupted" errors and general choppiness. If PreventSleep was able to "power cycle" the PMS app this would be amazing.

I hate to ask such a big favor but I would be very appreciative if you could do something like this. Maybe have a setting in the config file where we put the PS3's IP address to be able to specify the name of the exe we want to have start up again after it kills javaw.exe. This way people who use PMS.bat instead of PMS.exe would be able to use it also.

Thank you so much!
GasMan320

Postby ishareit » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks for your input. I sent you an email. I guess I can easily do something like what you are asking for but can't promise when I will get a chance to do that.
ishareit

Postby Appocalypse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:37 pm

I treid to unnistal and instal only JRe7u17 32 bits, seems to solve the issue but after some sleeps the problem went back.

I m tring to download the http://www.4shared.com/file/ObQx4iUc/PS ... Sleep.html is broken please post the entire url.
Appocalypse

Postby HackedLife » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:36 am

Still having this issue in Win7x64 in ver 1.82.0. Anyone found a solution?
HackedLife

Previous

Return to General Help and Support