Sony BRAVIA 2010 series

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Sony BRAVIA 2010 series (EX4/EX5/EX7/HX7/NX5)

Postby DubbelX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:39 pm

LordICE wrote:Anyone has specific EX720 conf file?

I have change my file to EX
You must delete or change the BraviaEX.conf to .old and try this one.

73's
Attachments
BraviaEX720.zip
(978 Bytes) Downloaded 477 times
KDL-40HX720/UPC CI+ | CMU-BR100 | TDG-BR250 | BDV-E370 | KDL-26EX302/UPC CI+ | SMP-N200 | DAV-DZ260 | Playstation 3 | Universal MediaServer 1.2.0 | Tablet S 16 GB 3G | SGP-DS1 | Slingbox Solo
DubbelX

Postby LordICE » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:01 am

Thank you, I'll give it a try. :)
LordICE

Postby lumdam » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi I'm new to ps3mediaserver and a lot of things work really nice. But some small problems exist.

With the standard BraviaEX.conf file or DubbelX version I can not stream .m4a files from iTunes (no DRM) as audio? What needs to be added to the config to stream these or to transcode them.

The second thing is, all my videos appears mpeg2 format and get transcoded. As the TV supports divx is it possible to transcode to this format (maybe more efficient/better quality)??
lumdam

Postby vitaumtb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:21 am

I set the setting of my EX705 TV, with the:
mencoder_decode = -vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9,dsize=4\/3
and now the scale of the videos are fine,
but the ASS subtitles doesn't work at all, I have to turn it off for the subtitles to work,
and I don't know why, but the 1.50 and the 1.40 versions of the program give me bugs in the H264 videos,
they make the videos jump minustes all the time, but the 1.30 version doesn't do that, with the same settings,
Can someone help me with the Ass subtitles and fix the problems with the 1.50 and 1.40 version?
vitaumtb

Postby manwe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

At first, thank you very much for that excellent piece of software.

After carefully studying 4-5 threads referring to the correct aspect ratio problem, trying many combinations of -vf expand options and messing with Screen display Settings I still have not figured out how to perfectly reproduce video.

My Bravia is KDL-40W5500 (sorry for posting here, have not found another more relevant recent and active thread)

My SONY setup (a bit of Copy/Paste/Edit of Illico signature)

HOME -> Display -> Screen:
- Screen Format/Wide Mode (option name varies depending on your region/country) : Wide
- Auto Format : Off
- 4:3 Default : Off (greyed)
- Auto Display Area : Off (greyed)

_BUT_

- Display Area : Normal and does not let me change it to "Full Pixel" or +1. The only options available are Normal, -1, -2 though the manual mentions all the options. Full Pixel becomes available only when i plug my laptop through HDMI

I am using
2012/01/28 PS3 Media Server 1.50.1
Windows 7

sending directly to TV over Ethernet and everything WORKS perfectly EXCEPT the AR issue

Issue 1)
Overscaning when using -vf expand 16/9 steals more than "static" 16px mentioned in some threads. By experimenting with -vf expand and specific resolutions, I found out that about 10% of the original video is lost at left/right edges of my screen. As stated before my TV does not allow me to use +1 or Full Pixel. Is there any other way to fix overscan w/o using that specific TV feature ?

Issue 2)
Using -vf expand 16/9
a) for native 16/9 video all works perfectly
b) for non 16/9 video (with AR greater than 1,77) black bars are added _BUT_ extra upscaling (by?) seems to take place. For example, for a 2.xratio video, black bars are narrower than they should be, video is stretched (more than it should be) vertically, and people seem to me slightly "thinner" (or maybe just zooming on the area left out after exuding "overscaned" areas ?)

When using -vf expand (wo 16/9 option) and

a) providing the original video resolution, video is stretched all over the screen regardless of TV mode (wide gives the best "bad" result, other modes make it even worse)
b) providing 1920:1080 resolution, video is displayed on center with 1:1 mapping (as expected with correct AR and smaller than it could be in all cases except 1920x1080 video)

It seems to me that I am constructing a "frame" into which original video is centered with the original resolution/ration and then my TV stretches that frame to screen edges breaking the correct AR

By experimenting with -vf expand passing different frame resolutions I managed to get the correct result. For example, for a video with 1280x560 resolution, by using 1350:800, 1350 solves the Overscan issue and 800 make the TV (I guess) upscale vertically by 240, so the final displayed video (1280 is stretched to full screen minus 70 of Overscan so about 1850, 560 is treched to full screen minus 280 so about 800) is about 1850:800 which is close to original aspect ratio.

So I guess that there is an "indirect" and "messy" way to display all videos correctly by providing different resolutions depending on video each time. The problem is that correct resolution must be typed for every video each time and that I have not yet figured out the error in my math to provide the correct resolutions. In fact an equation (simple excel spreadsheet) calculates the "correct" frame dimensions to trick the TV so after up scaling the display AR will be the same as original but I am missing something. It seems that a simple logic of

a) Provide a frame 10% greater length so video fits the screen and extra space compensates for overscan (a bit of black sideways of picture)
b) Find the "correct" height to maintain video aspect ratio (final, displayed height should be 1920/AR)
c) Construct a frame that is n pixels greater than original video so after up scaling displayed video is identical to original

does not work or there is no linear correlation and my simple equation (y=b-x) cannot work

Is there any other trick /option that I am missing out ?
Studying mencoder manual I can't figure out how dsize and/or mpegopts work exactly and how could help to fix my problem. What do they add to the -vf expand:::::16/9 setting and what exactly could they fix ?
It seems that I use MEncoder, every change I make on MEncoder tab has obvious results on displayed video. Does it matter that other Video Engines are also available (green arrow) ?
I saw some "conditional" formatting in Codecs Specific Parameters mentioned in some threads

((double) width / height) >= 1.7 && ((double) width / height) <= 1.85 :: -mpegopts vaspect=4/3
((double) width / height) >= 2.3 && ((double) width / height) <= 2.5 :: -mpegopts vaspect=221/100

but most of the times there was an answer that a single -vf expand at custom options does the trick.

What the above code does ? Changing the AR of frame send depending on original video AR ? Does it work in conjunction with -vf expand or it can be solely used ? What's the relation ? And why vaspect is 4/3 for a ~16/9 video ?
Could it save me from heuristic searching for the "correct" expand resolution by providing 3-4 settings that in the end would automatically give a very close to real 1:1 ratio depending on the range of original AR's ? E.g. making 3 cases, one for videos close to 4/3, one for videos close to 16/9, one for videos close to 2.2 could be a solution ?
Is there any specific combination / test I could carry out to give you a more definite hint of whats going on ?
Plain eye checking of the width of the bars relatively to the video on my 16/9 PC screen and my SONY TV Set is a good indicator ?
Is there any other version of ps3mediaserver / ffmpeg / MEncoder / AviSynth I should specifically use / install / uninstall ? Any case that some other "buggy" version installed (maybe a leftover from previous installations) can cause that kind of problems ?

Everything works perfectly, I am excited, my digital life / TV got a new breath, now I can finally play everything on my TV (been using an LG BD370) from a convenient storage media (PC HDD) but I am breaking my head to achieve the last 5%, that small detail that gives me on my nerves :)
That altered (slightly or heavily depending on original video) aspect ratio seems so easy to fix but I can't find out how

Thanks in advance
manwe

Re: Sony BRAVIA 2010 series

Postby Illico » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am

Why did it not have a specific configuration file for each series? When you install PMS, a BraviaEX.conf is created, but is not compatible with all model
Models 2010/2011/2012 ...
On first post, I suggest one for 2010 serie.
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX501 | Sony BDP-S373 | Sony SMP-N100 |Serviio / PS3MS | Buffalo 2Share DD
Illico

Postby joako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:29 am

I am still struggling very much with the Sony EX701 TV. I can stream mp4 video but it transcodes in PMS using too much CPU. I can convert video to MPEG 1 or MPEG 2 and it will stream without high CPU usage, but this causes high bandwidth usage.

Is there any way the Sony TV can stream MP4 video directly? And what is the correct settings to transcode the video so the TV can accept it correctly?

Further the video aspect ratio is wrong. There are black bars at the top and bottom of the video even though it is 1920x1080. This causes the video to appear incorrect (squeezed.)
joako

Postby mazey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:34 am

joako wrote:I am still struggling very much with the Sony EX701 TV. I can stream mp4 video but it transcodes in PMS using too much CPU. I can convert video to MPEG 1 or MPEG 2 and it will stream without high CPU usage, but this causes high bandwidth usage.

Is there any way the Sony TV can stream MP4 video directly? And what is the correct settings to transcode the video so the TV can accept it correctly?

Further the video aspect ratio is wrong. There are black bars at the top and bottom of the video even though it is 1920x1080. This causes the video to appear incorrect (squeezed.)

try this config file it streams mp4 and mpg. transcodes avi and mkv. (avi is sometimes incompatible, hence the transcode so it works everytime) and mkv is not supported so needs transcoding)

Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia EX series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia EX
RendererIcon=braviaex.png
#===========================================================
# Reported identifying headers:
# X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA KDL-32CX520"; mv="1.7";
#===========================================================
#UserAgentSearch=
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+EX[3457])|(BRAVIA KDL.+[CHN]X[578])
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGPSAC3
TranscodeAudio=LPCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
#TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
#StreamExtensions=

# For Bravia TVs and Sony Bluray players
ForceJPGThumbnails=true

MediaInfo=true
CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
# [Supported video formats]:
# Here we declare support (or lack) of DTS (here, none of the entries declare dts as a supported audio codec)
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts v:mpeg1|mpeg2|mp4|h264 a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa m:video/mpeg
# No H264 for AVI files, plus specific mediainfo attributes, for better auto detection (qpel and gmc are not supported here)
#Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/x-divx qpel:no gmc:0
Supported = f:mp4 v:mp4|h264 a:ac3|aac m:video/mp4
# WMV files are supported, but not with 5.1 audio: (hence the n:2)
Supported = f:wmv v:wmv|vc1 a:wma n:2 m:video/x-ms-wmv
# [Supported audio formats]:
Supported = f:wav a:dts|lpcm n:6 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:wav n:2 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
# Apple lossless not supported
Supported = f:aac n:2 a:(?!alac).+ m:audio/x-m4a
Supported = f:wma n:2 m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:atrac n:2 m:audio/x-oma
# [Supported image formats]
Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg
Supported = f:png m:image/png
Supported = f:gif m:image/gif
Supported = f:tiff m:image/tiff

aspect ratio needs to be set in advanced mencoder options in pms, im sorry not sure on the command to use for that.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Postby joako » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:18 am

I am confused because that config says transcode=mp4 so wouldn't it transcode and use too much CPU?

And for memcoder that is another transcode that will use CPU?

I am looking to have ready-to-go files that don't need to be transcoded at playback time, that will simply be streaming the bits to the TV.
joako

Postby mazey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:52 am

joako wrote:I am confused because that config says transcode=mp4 so wouldn't it transcode and use too much CPU?

And for memcoder that is another transcode that will use CPU?

I am looking to have ready-to-go files that don't need to be transcoded at playback time, that will simply be streaming the bits to the TV.

the # infront of the TranscodeExtentions= line means that whole line is ignored (usually its not there) so it doesnt matter what is in that line. it skips straight to the bottom hence mp4 will always be streamed and not transcoded. there is also a # infront of the support for avi files u can take that out to stream avi but some are not compatible thats why its better to transcode them, ive never run into a issue with streaming mp4 though so that is good to go.
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers