PMS moves to GitHub!

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: PMS moves to GitHub!

Postby mazey » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 am

i have to say i hate github lol so i wont be compiling my own personal builds anymore, if u guys still spit out compiled versions often it wont affect me, but seriously i cant stand github, googlecode is the shit. but yeah whatever.. i aint a dev, feel sorry for the devs who have to learn to do things a diff way.. but yeah whatever just keep pumping out the new versions and i will still be happy lets not just let this project die again its FAR TOO GOOD, the best program i have ever used!
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby marco275 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 pm

mazey wrote:i have to say i hate github lol so i wont be compiling my own personal builds anymore, if u guys still spit out compiled versions often it wont affect me, but seriously i cant stand github, googlecode is the shit. but yeah whatever.. i aint a dev, feel sorry for the devs who have to learn to do things a diff way.. but yeah whatever just keep pumping out the new versions and i will still be happy lets not just let this project die again its FAR TOO GOOD, the best program i have ever used!

I used to compile the builds with the builder tool but sadly that isn't going to work anymore when Github is used.
I did a request in the builder tool topic for an update, but there was no response whatsoever.
Maybe i was the onlyone using it. :lol:
Enyway, i'm not able to test the latest changes anymore. :(
marco275

Postby SubJunk » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:50 pm

I'll release an update for it soon. The GitHub code only just became usable yesterday so you didn't miss out on anything :)
SubJunk

Postby lightglitch » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:13 am

I have added the build tool for git viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4449&p=62505#p62505
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby marco275 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:39 pm

lightglitch wrote:I have added the build tool for git viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4449&p=62505#p62505

Works Great! :)
marco275

Postby lightglitch » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:15 pm

This is a question to the maven experts, there as way to add a parameter/task so that every time I build the project doesn't download all the files from the google code.

Could be something that caches the files the first time and only if I force it would download again.

Thx
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby Raptor399 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:44 pm

This is a tough one due to a couple of problems:
  • The maven-antrun-plugin supports the "get" task, but seemingly not its "skipexisting" attribute.
  • Downloading could be placed in a different profile, but automatic activation of a profile only works with "OR", where we would like to check for existence of a file "AND" operating system.
The alternative would be to use the maven-copy-plugin, but I'm not sure the paint is dry on that one. :|
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby lightglitch » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Raptor399 wrote:This is a tough one due to a couple of problems:
  • The maven-antrun-plugin supports the "get" task, but seemingly not its "skipexisting" attribute.
  • Downloading could be placed in a different profile, but automatic activation of a profile only works with "OR", where we would like to check for existence of a file "AND" operating system.
The alternative would be to use the maven-copy-plugin, but I'm not sure the paint is dry on that one. :|

The maven-antrun-plugin supports the "skipexisting" attribute but I needed to had the version:

Code: Select all
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.7</version>

Here is the commit, I unable to do a pull request with only this commit (I don't know why).

https://github.com/lightglitch/ps3media ... 6e2ffa3404
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby Raptor399 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Brilliant! :shock:

Merged your commit and rewrote the pom.xml to download the binaries on the process-resources phase.
Thanks a bundle!
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby meskibob » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Do the end user installation instructions need to be updated to take advantage of "skipexisting" (i.e. remove the "clean")?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

PreviousNext

Return to Developers