where do i install .java files?

Download and discuss official beta builds here

where do i install .java files?

Postby igbeserk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:39 pm

I didn't know where to post this but i opened up a thread for an issue I was having which can be found here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12805
I was informed that the issues I had were a known issue. issue 1156

Looking into the issue i see there have been some strides in trying to resolve the issue.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... t=&id=1156

The link at the bottom point to two .java files that should resolve the issue i'm having. But, i have no idea where to add these files to or where i need to copy the code into? I'm on windows 7 and i'm using 1.50.0 pms. Any help would be most appreciated.

https://github.com/Raptor399/ps3mediase ... 05b64f4017
igbeserk

Re: where do i install .java files?

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:36 pm

You cannot install .java files. To use those, you will need to compile PMS with those files included.

The easiest way to do that is to clone my repo (it includes the two java files) and follow the instructions there. Be sure to clone my repo, though! Not the ps3mediaserver repo as the instructions suggest.

Do not take this route this if you are not comfortable with compiling and building your own software. In that case you are better off waiting for some future release with a fix.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby igbeserk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:36 am

thanks for the response much appreciated. i've recently looked into java and for the most part on and off i've dealt with different programming languages. i'm no pro as soon as i learn is about as quickly as i forget also. But, even though i may not be comfortable the worst i can do is affect my pms which i could reinstall anyway if i were to mess up so yea its a risk im willing to take. thanks though i'll try to see what i can do. Also since its been a while i mean i know what a repo is but in the link what is the name or where is your repo located? and i should be able to move on from there if possible.
igbeserk

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 am

Scroll down on the linked page and read the instructions. ;-)

The URL for my repo is listed at the top of the page: "git://github.com/Raptor399/ps3mediaserver.git"
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby igbeserk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:01 am

took me a little bit but i compiled the pms using your cloned git repo. installed the compiled one but my LG nor my PS3 will find it. I guess i did something wrong? i compiled it twice. hm
igbeserk

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:25 am

igbeserk wrote:took me a little bit but i compiled the pms using your cloned git repo. installed the compiled one but my LG nor my PS3 will find it. I guess i did something wrong? i compiled it twice. hm

I think you did nothing wrong.

We discovered a problem in the code that automatically detects the correct network interface and are working on a solution for that.
A workaround is to go to the "General configuration" tab and use the "Force networking on interface" menu to force the use of the correct interface.

Does that help?
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby igbeserk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:33 pm

that did help now the ps3 and LG tv are seeing the media server once more. I couldn't get the FLV's to play so uninstalled and used revo to remove anything pms from the registry. I also deleted all the folders and i just did the whole process once more compiled another pms-setup installed it the lg and ps3 showed up and the flv files worked. But, i still end up with the same issue i've been having where it stops after a minute or two and said loading. So i'm not sure as to what else i can do now maybe in a few more revisions this issue could possibly be resolved.
igbeserk

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Can you post your (zipped) debug.log here after playing a file has stopped?
Maybe it contains interesting info that could help us solve the problem. :-)

Thank you for taking the trouble to find out!
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby igbeserk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 am

hey sorry it took me so long didn't get home until late. here is the zip file for the debug log

http://speedy.sh/ZjCEq/debug.zip

Zfile1 played for 2:47 before it gave me the loading issue and the video was about 20:32 in all. Container FLV Video: VPF6
zfile2 played for about 2:44 video length is 14:06 Container FLV Video:H264

I hope that's all the information you would need, and thanks again for the help.

Code: Select all
http://speedy.sh/ZjCEq/debug.zip
igbeserk

Return to Beta Builds