.DEB package available for Debian/Ubuntu

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: .DEB package available for Debian/Ubuntu

Postby FFIXCollector » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 am

Here is the output when running mencoder manually on an mp4.
Code: Select all
MEncoder SVN-r34349-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x10ad25d3
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: audio (aac), -aid 0, -alang eng
[lavf] stream 1: video (h264), -vid 0
VIDEO:  [H264]  1920x1080  24bpp  25.000 fps  4746.2 kbps (579.4 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:44  fourcc:0x34363248  size:1920x1080  fps:25.000  ftime:=0.0400
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 219.9 kbit/15.58% (ratio: 27485->176400)
Selected audio codec: [ffaac] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [pp=lb]
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
MP3 audio selected.
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Unsupported PixelFormat 53
[PP] Using external postprocessing filter, max q = 6.
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
videocodec: libavcodec (1920x1080 fourcc=34504d46 [FMP4])
[VE_LAVC] High quality encoding selected (non-realtime)!
Writing header...
ODML: vprp aspect is 4:3.
Writing header...
ODML: vprp aspect is 4:3.
Pos:   0.0s      2f ( 0%)  1.19fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.004 [0:0]

1 duplicate frame(s)!
Pos:   1.3s     33f ( 0%)  7.59fps Trem:  22min 242mb  A-V:0.081 [4679:125]

Skipping frame!
^Zs:  27.6s    691f ( 6%)  9.90fps Trem:  16min 160mb  A-V:0.059 [3121:126]
[1]+  Stopped                 mencoder test.mp4 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=3000:aspect=4/3:threads=4:vpass=1 -vf pp=lb -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -o test.avi

If there is any other Information I can give you, let me know. I have 8gb of ram on the way. I'll see if that helps.
FFIXCollector

Postby arrrghhh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 am

FFIXCollector wrote:Here is the output when running mencoder manually on an mp4.

If there is any other Information I can give you, let me know. I have 8gb of ram on the way. I'll see if that helps.

Based on what I know about transcoding, it's not very RAM intensive. It's much more processor intensive... so if you're not maxing out your RAM now, I seriously doubt you're going to get any benefit from additional RAM (in relation to transcoding at least).

With that said, more RAM isn't a bad thing. Just don't expect it to help when transcoding ;).
arrrghhh

Postby FFIXCollector » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 am

I know, I really got the RAM because it was only $30 on eBay :D
No one else seems to be having troubles, and my board is pretty old.
FFIXCollector

Postby FFIXCollector » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 pm

SOLVED!

The Intel SE7520BD2 Server Motherboard has several options under the Processor tab that need to be set depending on desired performance... whatever that means. Anyways, enabling both allowed mencoder to better utilize the CPU. Thought its not 100%, it good enough to trancode 1080p :D
FFIXCollector

Postby FFIXCollector » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Is there any work on the .deb updates? Is there a way to easily manually update? like putting the new files in /usr/share/pms-linux/?
FFIXCollector

Postby tyrate » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:18 pm

First let me just say I'm a novice when it comes to linux in all honesty I'm like a fish out of water but learning quickly and loving the ride anyhow if what I'm asking is an obvious fix, sorry but thanks for the help. So I run the script and it installs fine, when I type pms-linux in terminal the gui comes up fine and DLNA is visible on the network. Then I replaced the /usr/share/pms-linux/pms.jar with the pms.jar from the pms-mlx mod. Now when I type pms-linux in the terminal window the GUI pops up but can't bind and isn't visible on my network and all the options under the transcoding tab are grayed out. After days of uninstalling and reinstalling It finally occurred to me to try and start it with a sudo command i.e. "sudo pms-linux" and then Booyah it worked with no problems! But now I have some questions:

1. None of the pms-linux shortcuts on my gnome desktop work, I'm assuming that's because they don't run with a sudo command, How can I fix that?
2. Same question I have with the autostart of the pms-linux console when the server boots up. How can i fix that?
3. I'm assuming I'm not properly installing the mod but there are no real clear guides on how to install it so I'm learning as I go and its been painful trust me. My guess is because the script installs pms under root filesystem and not the user home folder that's reason why I need to use the sudo command. What's not clear is why the initial script install doesn't require a sudo command to work properly but when I replace it with the modded one it now requires a sudo command? Is it a file permission thing?

Anyway I hope explained my problem clearly enough and again thanks for whatever help you can provide.
tyrate

Postby paissad » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 am

pms-linux 1.50 packaged and available in my personal repository !
paissad

Postby paissad » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:28 am

@ tyrate

You don't necessarily need to run pms-linux as root user, you mayshould run it as normal.
Ovewriting pms.jar breaks the software (in my packaging ...) you should be advanced user and know what you're doing when you attempt to do such stuff !
If you don't pms-linux to start when the you start your computer, you have 2-3 options:
edit /etc/default/pms-linux and change PMS_START to whatever value you want, but not 1 :)
or do
Code: Select all
sudo update-rc.d -f pms-linux remove

paissad

Postby arrrghhh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm

paissad wrote:pms-linux 1.50 packaged and available in my personal repository !

I just did an aptitude update and I see that it's in there!! Thank you so much!!
arrrghhh

Postby Timmn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:49 pm

paissad wrote:pms-linux 1.50 packaged and available in my personal repository !

I like your automatic install script, perfect for someone like me who doesn't want to do more work than they have to. However, I just installed PMS using the automatic script on a clean install of Linux Mint 11 64 bit and have run into a couple of problems, first PMS appears twice in my menu. The second is a bit more involved, PMS keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting to my renderers, here is where it gets odd, in my config file, I have this: "folders = /home/test/Music,/home/test/Pictures,/home/test/Videos". When I initially connect, with any of my renderers. those folders are available. It will then disconnect, upon reconnection, I have an entirely different set of folders, "/","WEB", and "Video Settings", it will then disconnect again, and when it reconnects, my original folders will be back. It seems to be cycling back and forth. I can't find anything that would cause that, it's driving me nuts, and my sanity is already questionable.

Update: I uninstalled one of the two PMS icons that appeared on my menu, and that uninstalled them both. it seems that the uninstall script doesn't remove the dependencies, I manually installed PMS in my home folder, and that seems to have solved the problem.

Of course, I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but it seems to have worked.
Last edited by Timmn on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timmn

PreviousNext

Return to Linux/Unix Support