Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Bravia 5100 (us)

Postby Lae » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 am

Hey PS3MS'ers,
I played around with this to transcode so my Sony Bravia 5100 series TV a year or so ago but I didn't have much luck.

So I am at it again. I have PMS 1.5 working for audio files, but no luck with the video yet. I think it's an issue with transcoding to PAL rather then NTSC, as best I can figure out from stuff on the forums.

The problem is: I can see the # transcode # folders and the content in them, say file.avi, but when I go to play, I get "content not avaliable"

# transcode # --> File.xxx --> "there is no content to play"
Lae

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby jalapeno27 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 am

I have a Sony Bravia KDL55NX720 and the media sever discovers it as a sony ex. I can get the video to transfer out to the tv, but the fast-forward and rewind controls do not work.

In addition, once in a while, the video will get out of sync, and play random parts of the file. Meaning you will watch a few scenes from the middle of the show at the start, then it will transcode the begin of the show. Very Strange.

can someone please post the correct conf file for KDL55NX720?
jalapeno27

Postby eisi2010 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Guys,

i have a bought a new TV.
Sony KDL-55HX925
Do anyone have a config-file for this TV?

I really dont know how to create and sorry for my bad english :-/

Regards, eiSi
eisi2010

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 pm

eisi2010 wrote:Hi Guys,

i have a bought a new TV.
Sony KDL-55HX925
Do anyone have a config-file for this TV?

I really dont know how to create and sorry for my bad english :-/

Regards, eiSi

Check the FAQ.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby pearcey5 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 am

hi guys
Just got myself a new sony bravia KDL32EX420 on the weekend, and nearly put my foot through the stupid thing trying to get it to stream stuff from my PC last night. I tried to get it streaming over WMP first, but that wouldn't play half my video files, so it wouldn't transcode them either. I normally use VLC, so I came upon this one, but the config file I got with it didn't help, and I'm kinda brain dead after beating my head against the wall that is sony... I got to the point that I could see the ps3ms from the TV, but no files.

what I'm asking is does someone have a config file that I could use for my TV, or tell me how I could mod the existing one? and yes, I have searched for one using ex420...

cheers
pearcey5

Postby aziztt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 pm

for some reason it doesnt recognise new tvs unless you edit the bravia profile to include it
aziztt

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:54 pm

aziztt wrote:for some reason it doesnt recognise new tvs unless you edit the bravia profile to include it

You make it sound like magic, but it is pretty straightforward.

In communicating with PMS, your device sends out headers. PMS tries to recognize these with the regular expressions defined in the .conf files.
If your device is not picked up by PMS, it sends out headers that are not recognized yet.

Looking at BraviaEX.conf, we're talking about these lines:

Code: Select all
#===========================================================
# Reported identifying headers:
# X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA KDL-32CX520"; mv="1.7";
#===========================================================
#UserAgentSearch=
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+EX[3457])|(BRAVIA KDL.+[CHN]X[578])

If you can read regular expressions, you can see that the header search matches the client info header.
But if you can't read it, there's always the possibility to use an online tool to test it.

E.g. you can test that:

Raptor399
Project Member

Postby mariaj » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Hello, Greetings to the community,
First begin by commenting that I'm from Spain, I do not understand English (I'm using google translator)
I have a Sony Bravia KDL-24EX320, I'm trying to connect my computer with the KDL-24EX320, through the PS3 media server software, but do not get it after reading a lot on the Internet is that sometimes if the TV is not detected by PS3 media server is to change some lines in the configuration file (*. conf file) and tried it but something does not do well, it does not work.

¿¿Any of you would be kind enough to set one. Conf for my Sony Bravia KDL-24EX320?

Thank you very much.

Saludos de mariaj
mariaj

Postby Redbullsnation » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 am

Ah yes, had to change the engine of the mencoder and my mkvs are stuttering like crazy. Any ideas??
Redbullsnation

Postby VerbalBackflip » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:07 am

I have been using PMS for some time now and it has worked like a charm until last week.
I am streaming videos from my MacBook (2Ghz Core2Duo) to my Sony Bravia (KDL-37EX521) using the BraviaEX.conf wirelessly. Both transcoding and muxing used to be flawless.
However, now there is a stutter that occurs within a minute after starting the video (both with 720p .mkv as with SD .avi) which does not stop.
The buffer in my PMS screen shows a max of 4MB/s, where I used to be able to get 14MB/s. It seems that my CPU is not used maximally.
I have tried to tinker with the settings, and even with the lowest quality for wireless streaming, it does not work.
Any tips to make it work again?
VerbalBackflip

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers