Ps3 Server 1.10.6 requires re-instal after PC is rebooted

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Ps3 Server 1.10.6 requires re-instal after PC is rebooted

Postby Martin Smith » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:14 am

I have since installing every version of PS3 Media Sever had 1 main problem,which is I am sure simple to rectify ,I have waited for several updates to see if they solved the problem but they have not. The Problem is That once I shut my PC down (Vista HP) and then re boot the server cannot see the Ps3 Trace shows Java.10 unable to find
If I switch Ps3 Server off then do a quick re install all then works and Ps3 is found straight away.I have searched the Ps3 Folder to see what is there after reinstall but can see no difference.
I am able to work around this problem in general by not switching PC off just using Sleep mode,but would like to solve and correct If anyone has had a similar problem and found the solution I would most grateful for the method .
Martin Smith

Re: Ps3 Server 1.10.6 requires re-instal after PC is rebooted

Postby meskibob » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Try running it with UAC disabled or doing "Run as Adminstrator", although I thought this was fixed for Vista several versions back...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Martin Smith » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:16 am

turning off UAC did the trick but if possible would like it on,so hope next update might fix

Thanks Meskibob

For your guidance
Martin Smith

Postby NaDs » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 pm

i 2 have the same problem

using the same version 1.10.6

is there a way to fix this besides turning off UAC

is this happening to everyone?

*edit*****
i think i fixed it by choosing "always run as admin"
NaDs