NaviX support

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

No audio on Navi-x

Postby vic85 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:59 am

Hello,

im having some trouble playing movies from navi-x! no audio at all!! Do i have to change a setting on the encoding? im using sharkhunter build 32... Thanks!!
vic85

Re: No audio on Navi-x

Postby Hackashaq » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 pm

+1
same problem here
Hackashaq

Re: NaviX support

Postby lillprinsen » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

No audio here either.
lillprinsen

How do I get navi-x through my ps3 ?

Postby DANBHOY1967 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:12 pm

I have Xbmc navix on my laptop etc but was wondering as I noticed navi x supports ps3? Any help appreciated thanks in advance.
DANBHOY1967

Postby WithoutRemorse » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:51 am

Hey Gents,

just trying to wade my way through this stuff... im a rabid ps3 fan and have recently been using xbmc on a laptop... naturally the program plug in that i use the most in it is navi - x. so i nearly fell over when i found out that i could have my cake and eat it too. so congrats to all involved in making this work.

in doing this - i've made some assumptions....can you help me find out if I'm correct in these.

step 1. i installed sharkhunters most recent version of PMS.
step 2. i downloaded unzipped the file from github and coppied it to the directory over to the directory for PMS.
step 3. other than local files is there any customizations that i have to do to the files in order to get them working?

the problem is that i can see any navi-x files whatsoever... i can see files on other channels.. 1channel for example but they wont play. I select the PSMencoder option with or without subs and i get a file error.

i feel like theres' something simple yet crucial that I'm missing.

cheers in advance.
WithoutRemorse

Trying to view live TV on Navi-X "Content cannot be played."

Postby jaysorbet » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 am

Hello,

I'm new to all this, but XBMC, PMS, etc all interests me. Well, my problem is this. I am trying to view live TV from my PS3. I installed the Sharkhunter PS3 Media Server build. I am able to see the files and whatnot on both my PS3 and wireless HDTV. However, when I try to view live TV or any live stream on Navi-X or another program, it says "Content cannot be played" on my PS3 and "Invalid file" on my TV. Am I doing something wrong here? If it doesn't work on both the PS3 and TV, then it must be something wrong with the file or perhaps wrong path? Does it have to do with the PMSEncoder? I see that it is already checked with "Enable." I'm not really sure what's going on.

And here is a screenshot of the paths of the "Channels" plugin if it counts for anything.

Thanks guys.
Attachments
2012-08-24_0036.png
2012-08-24_0036.png (31.58 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
jaysorbet

Postby WithoutRemorse » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:08 am

I've been scanning this forum a bit.. and i get the feeling its just sort too new to be worked out properly.. despite the best efforts of the programmers.. i've used pms for years now and i've found it to be excellent. I'm sure that this will get worked out in the not too distant future...
in the mean time i think that pc performance plays and issue.. .if you cpu/video/network cant handle whats required..it times out...to give you an idea... you are downloading live content from navi-x.. then sending it from your computer to the ps3... taking up probably all available bandwidth.. ur pc.. is also most likely converting the file on the fly and doing it through some sort of flash player that is required by the ps3..
i have a slightly beefier laptop now and im going to give it a try. ill report back
WithoutRemorse

Previous

Return to Additions and Plugins