MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: MOVIE INFO (IMDB Support) Updated 14th December

Postby infidel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:15 pm

@slooff: Now it does :) . Caveat: my Sony bluray doesn't support video thumbs, but they do show up in xbmc.
infidel

Postby slooff » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi infidel: that's great! Can't wait to test this out: we use the plugin almost daily.
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby slooff » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 am

@infidel: did some testing and the wrapping didn't show up nicely on the PS3; the rows were overlapping and changing the cellwrap to something between 0 and 3 didn't help. Changing cellwrap to 0 also enabled showtags even though in the conf file it was set to false. BTW, I do like to concept of wrapping multiple lines of text into a cell, not sure how you could control the outcome on PS3. Also the ability to disable the tags is real good.

Not working was the MOVIEMETER "plugin". In this version of the Movieinfo plugin which I was using until today, it is working:
download/file.php?id=1392
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby infidel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am

Hi slooff,

Showtags is enabled now for cellwrap=0. I also increased the accuracy of cellwrap to 1 decimal point which may help fine tune the overlaps (hard to tell not having seen the PS3 display), but try 1.5, 4.2, etc and see. As to MOVIEMETER sorry but like everyone else I've only temporarily adopted this orphan plugin :).
infidel

Postby slooff » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:54 am

Infidel, OK thanks for the feedback and changes. I will have a look at the diffs between these versions re the MOVIEMETER stuff. If you could help me compile the changes or otherwise let me know how to compile the plugin myself (i am on linux and some limyedrogramming skills ;-))
slooff

Postby infidel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:24 pm

you asked for it :).

Download movieinfo-0.3.3-patches.zip and this (I put in your version of moviemeter and got it to compile, but it only shows cover art at this point):
moviemeter-patch.zip
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

then:
Code: Select all
# install tools
sudo apt-get install git ant

# from your devel dir, with the zip files present:
git clone https://github.com/SharkHunter/MovieInfo.git
unzip movieinfo-0.3.3-patches.zip -d MovieInfo
unzip moviemeter-patch.zip -d MovieInfo
cd MovieInfo
mkdir lib
# note: now put or symlink to pms.jar (1.50.0+) inside lib/

# checkout a new branch and apply the patches:
git checkout -b dev
git am<01-sync-1.50.0.patch
git am<02-castfix_cellwrap.patch
git am<03-covers.patch
git am<04-cellwrap-fractional.patch
git am<041-moviemeter.patch
git am<05-titlefix.patch

# now see if it builds:
ant

You'll probably have to fix the scraping code by comparing it to the website html. Good luck, pm me if any problems.

EDIT: fixed links
Last edited by infidel on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

Postby tmknight » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:45 pm

infidel wrote:Here's my version of Movieinfo updated for PMS 1.50.0. With cast lists fixed, and 2 settings added...

GREAT WORK! Thanks for picking this up!

Feedback v0.3.2:
CellWrap not working on BRAVIA for IMDB plot - results in one line only, but then can click on that line to get next screen of more text but truncated not full plot. Also tried n.x wrap to no avail
ShowTags works on BRAVIA, but then IMDB TITLE is blank when FALSE

By no means showstoppers - happy to have the functionality back and anticipate these as easy fixes

Cheers!
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby infidel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:41 pm

tmknight wrote:IMDB TITLE is blank when FALSE

oops, amazing the difference a pair of parentheses can make :) . fixed in 0.3.3.

tmknight wrote:CellWrap not working on BRAVIA for IMDB plot

This stuff is really difficult to fix from afar. It all depends on what the renderer does when it encounters a newline, and obviously this varies from renderer to renderer. My Sony bluray seems to print it out same as in a console, except that the extra lines overwrite the folders below. cellwrap just inserts blank folders below the text for the purpose of being overwritten.
infidel

Postby tmknight » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Cheers for the quick update to fix the title. As far as CellWrap=n on the BRAVIA, no worries, would be good to lose the "___" but by no means a show-stopper and I'm simply happy to have "movieinfo" back. But always happy to help with any info that would help you - just let me know what you need.

Cheers again for taking this on to keep pace with latest PS3MS builds!
SubJunk Build or Custom from SVN (depends on my mood)
Xubuntu x64 (3.2)
AMD 64 X2 4800+ [OC 2.8GHz]
4GB DDR2
JRE 6 u[latest]
Sony KDL-40W5100
tmknight

Postby JasonB » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Guys,
I have problem with latest PMS and Movie Info builds with my PS3. Movie info do not show movie rating even the config should be ok.

Movieinfo.conf
...snap...
Plugins=IMDB
###Which info to use and in which order, default setting is: title,rating,tagline,genre,plot,cast,director,agerating
DisplayInfo=title,rating,tagline,genre,plot,cast,director,agerating
...snap...

everything else except "rating" work like a charm.

Any idea how to fix this?
JasonB

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins