PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Announcements about PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby Ruoska » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:32 am

Tried watching Blood Diamond (2006 720p mkv), stutter and skipping scenes in both 1.5 and 1.4.

Back to 1.3 for me, works just fine :)
Ruoska
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:25 am

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby red_rooster » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:39 pm

I still use the version 1.21.1! for Windows 7
I tried the version 1.40.0 to serve my Sony Bravia KDL-32EX705 but the new version does not work. I tired also the the new Bete 1.50.0 and it did not work either.
In the XMB appear the particular folder but the server does not display any files
red_rooster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby revsmitty » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:08 am

I noticed that the audio gets out of sync in Beta 1 and Beta 2 when watching HD videos on the xbox 360. Audio sync issues are not presented in the stable releases.

Other than that, all is good. :)
revsmitty
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby mazey » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:20 am

revsmitty wrote:I noticed that the audio gets out of sync in Beta 1 and Beta 2 when watching HD videos on the xbox 360. Audio sync issues are not presented in the stable releases.

Other than that, all is good. :)


try unticking a/v sync alternative method in transcode settings/mencoder.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby arix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:44 pm

I have tried 1.50.0 Beta 2 and have 2 problems:
1. while using regular Xvid AVI file but with TRANSCODE - MEncoder and chapters ( I defined every 3 min)
after jump between chapters forward and backward few times, the Video
becomes jerky and finally server crash...
2. While playing ISO DVD file (Created with Corel Video Studio)
seems like Fields order are opposite.
In previews version it happened time to time, but after jump between
chapters it became ok.
now it permanent with wrong field order.
While playing the DVD with DVD player machine or VLC it's ok.
with other ISO files (not from Corel Video Studio) there is no problem with fields order.
arix
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby revsmitty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:26 pm

mazey wrote:
revsmitty wrote:I noticed that the audio gets out of sync in Beta 1 and Beta 2 when watching HD videos on the xbox 360. Audio sync issues are not presented in the stable releases.

Other than that, all is good. :)


try unticking a/v sync alternative method in transcode settings/mencoder.


Good call. Thanks.
revsmitty
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby TX.AlphaMale » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

MKV Playback FIXED!!!

Hey everyone, I've been an avid PS3 MS user since the early builds. I'm no developer, don't know much about codecs, muxing or compilling..
This product has surpassed everything out there in terms of versatility, flexibility and ease of use.

Back around 1.2, I lost my ability to properly play MKV files, some downloaded, most I burned myself from DVD using PavTube DVD Ripper.
I tried the various posts on how to remux without compression, but it never fixed the problem, which isn't a surprise since none of my MKV files had compression anyway...
After that, I changed my encoding format to h.264 based MP4 and have streamed happily since, but couldn't watch my existing movies in MKV format.

I just downloaded and installed SubJunk's PS3 build, upgrading from the official release of 1.50.0 (I did not try beta 1 or 2) and am happy to announce that my existing MKV files that have been out of commission since 1.20 are now functioning flawlessly!!!

Thank you so much for making a product that stomps all other software in it's class!!
TX.AlphaMale
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby jazz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:13 pm

TX.AlphaMale wrote:MKV Playback FIXED!!!

Hey everyone, I've been an avid PS3 MS user since the early builds. I'm no developer, don't know much about codecs, muxing or compilling..
This product has surpassed everything out there in terms of versatility, flexibility and ease of use.

Back around 1.2, I lost my ability to properly play MKV files, some downloaded, most I burned myself from DVD using PavTube DVD Ripper.
I tried the various posts on how to remux without compression, but it never fixed the problem, which isn't a surprise since none of my MKV files had compression anyway...
After that, I changed my encoding format to h.264 based MP4 and have streamed happily since, but couldn't watch my existing movies in MKV format.

I just downloaded and installed SubJunk's PS3 build, upgrading from the official release of 1.50.0 (I did not try beta 1 or 2) and am happy to announce that my existing MKV files that have been out of commission since 1.20 are now functioning flawlessly!!!

Thank you so much for making a product that stomps all other software in it's class!!


hear hear :)
jazz
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 Beta 2 is released

Postby silverlw » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Is pcm - Dolby truehd, DTS-MA output finaly fixed?
I have reported that channels are switched or doesn't sound at all for long time ago.
I should also mention that 5.1 works, the problems is with 7.1 material.
silverlw
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:21 am

Previous

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests