PS3mediaserver for UnRaid

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

PS3mediaserver for UnRaid

Postby SuperPerry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:45 pm

I want to post this on "Request" but it seemed that I cannot open topic on that just yet.

UnRaid = is base on Slackware. Is there a way that your great program will be able to install on this? Many people using UnRaid server using Twonkymedia server and I think your program will be a great add to many server platform.

I am using PS3mediaserver on my Vista. Works great except 1080P MKV is somewhat choppy and I think this is due to my 100Mb/s NIC connection.

Thank you for your great piece of program I can watch Naruto & Bleach on my PS3. :)
SuperPerry

Re: PS3mediaserver for UnRaid

Postby Redlum » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:03 am

You should be able to post there now :) Moved the topic.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby SuperPerry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:20 am

THANKS - Redlum

I ditch TVersity as this program is so much better and much easier to configure. Zero configuration = as it does what its job without changing anything! GREAT Program!

I hope someone can transport it to UnRaid. :) Thanks!
SuperPerry

Postby Topguy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 pm

SuperPerry wrote:THANKS - Redlum

I ditch TVersity as this program is so much better and much easier to configure. Zero configuration = as it does what its job without changing anything! GREAT Program!

If unRaid is based on Slackware Linux, then getting PMS to work just have the same requirements as on any other Linux system.
* Java JRE
(and for transcoding)
* mencoder
* ffmpeg
(and maybe)
* VLC

If you are able to add that, then you will likely be able to run PMS. (unless you have really crappy hardware)
Topguy

Postby SuperPerry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:37 am

Topguy wrote:
SuperPerry wrote:THANKS - Redlum

If unRaid is based on Slackware Linux, then getting PMS to work just have the same requirements as on any other Linux system.
* Java JRE
(and for transcoding)
* mencoder
* ffmpeg
(and maybe)
* VLC

If you are able to add that, then you will likely be able to run PMS. (unless you have really crappy hardware)

@Topguy:
Thanks for the reply. I thought PMS is a all-in-one package, do you think just installing Java JRE would this thing would work?
Sorry, I am new to Linux so maybe you can help me step-by-step instructions if you could. Thanks!

I am evaluating Twonkymedia server; their package is just one folder no installation needed just like the PMS 1.0 before. Is this possible for PMS to have this kind of setup again - very sorry if seems I am asking too much. ;)
SuperPerry

Postby Topguy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 am

SuperPerry wrote:I am evaluating Twonkymedia server; their package is just one folder no installation needed just like the PMS 1.0 before. Is this possible for PMS to have this kind of setup again - very sorry if seems I am asking too much. ;)

PMS hasn't really changed since 1.0, it has always (afaik) needed Java on all platforms. The only thing that has changed is that the Windows version now has an (quite unecessary imho) installer.

Instuctions on Installing Java on UnRaid is not something I can give easily since I'm expecting that UnRaid is a very slimmed down linux distro with a very specific purpose.
(I think the download for Java is twice as large as the whole UnRaid download.)
Topguy

Postby SuperPerry » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 am

Topguy wrote:
SuperPerry wrote:I am evaluating Twonkymedia server; their package is just one folder no installation needed just like the PMS 1.0 before. Is this possible for PMS to have this kind of setup again - very sorry if seems I am asking too much. ;)

PMS hasn't really changed since 1.0, it has always (afaik) needed Java on all platforms. The only thing that has changed is that the Windows version now has an (quite unecessary imho) installer.

Instuctions on Installing Java on UnRaid is not something I can give easily since I'm expecting that UnRaid is a very slimmed down linux distro with a very specific purpose.
(I think the download for Java is twice as large as the whole UnRaid download.)

@ Topguy;
Thank you, you are right UnRaid is a slimdown linux distro. I will do some searching on this kind of stuff. Again thank you!
SuperPerry

Return to Feature Suggestions