Latest Windows/Linux beta build discussion

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: PS3MS latest builds

Postby ExSport » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Shagrath latest r318(maybe also older versions,but not all) works bad with audio/subtitles priority.
I use combined audio/subs line and separate lines I always clear so only combination is used. But now I spotted that combination is not working. When I add same lang/subs tag in audio or subs separately, PMS will works OK. But not in "Haali" format :(
Please could you check it?
Many thanks
P.S.
In some older version my exactly same preference was working OK.
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 pm

changes shouldn't break current settings ... can you post yours ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 am

As I said it wasn't working also in 1.10.5 version I think and also maybe 1.10.1
My settings is(which in 1.04 or similar versions was working):
Code: Select all
cs,off;cze,off;sk,off;slo,off;en,cs;eng,cze;en,sk;eng,slo;*,cs;*,cze;*,sk;*,slo;en,en;eng,eng;*,en;*,eng;de,de;ger,ger;*,de;*,ger;*,off

When I put cze in audio and/or subtitles separately in coresponding lines, it is working OK but it will break(override) using combined line so I always delete both lines and use only combined one.
Thanks
P.S.
Also
cze,off
not working...
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Audioboxer wrote:
Flak wrote:Build 618 doesn't notice Java 6 update 12. After install it says it needs Java 6 and then downloads and installs Java 6 update 10 even though update 12 is installed and works fine with the current stable release.

Yeah I have this issue as well :(

my bad, this package include a broken exe I tested the other day, and actually *not even included* in the revision 318 :)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Audioboxer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 pm

shagrath wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:
Flak wrote:Build 618 doesn't notice Java 6 update 12. After install it says it needs Java 6 and then downloads and installs Java 6 update 10 even though update 12 is installed and works fine with the current stable release.

Yeah I have this issue as well :(

my bad, this package include a broken exe I tested the other day, and actually *not even included* in the revision 318 :)

No probs! I'm sticking to the stable build anyway, I just like to test a beta every now and then but the stable version has been running great.
Audioboxer

Postby shagrath » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 pm

btw, everyone with launch problems can test this one:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1271&p=5973#p5973
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby lbravo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:13 am

Jerky wrote:First off MADDD props on this nice little addition to the ps3 It works great. Im about to try the latest (.308) Ill keep you posted.

zaphod wrote:the program often terminates with log indebug "No more memory".. i have 6 GB RAM on a Vista x64 System... i think you have a "memory eater" somewhere in this build...

i try to get the error again and will send a debug file..

zaphod I had the same issue. Being as its java I resolved it by alocating more ram to it. I dont use windows but google is your friend.

how did u allocate the ram to your java? i've been googling it but i can't find a set instruction on how to do it. Can you please help on this? coz i have been having memory errors causing BSOD
lbravo

Postby gastric » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm

wjharing wrote:Unfortunately this build has the same issue as v1.09 and v1.10.x, the PS3 has difficulties in finding the PS3MS, whereas this worked perfectly with v1.03/v1.04

Could it be the ALIVE timer, whichhas been increased substantially (3 minutes vs. 10 seconds or so)? I now have to scan the network for many many tries until the PS3 can find the Media Server, which makes this great tool unusable for me. When I downgrade to v1.03 or v1.04 the PS3 will find the Media Server instantly again, as it should.

quick snapshot of traces window, showing the delayed ALIVE timers:
[main] TRACE 10:00:52.389 Sending ALIVE...
[main] TRACE 10:03:56.468 Sending ALIVE...
[main] TRACE 10:07:00.057 Sending ALIVE...

I'm curious if there's any planned changes related to this issue. This is the single biggest usability issue with the current builds of the program in my opinion. It endlessly frustrates my entire family. However, my love for the RAR support keeps me using the newer builds otherwise I'd probably revert back to 1.04
gastric

Postby shagrath » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:27 pm

updated to revision 319...

I'm curious if there's any planned changes related to this issue. This is the single biggest usability issue with the current builds of the program in my opinion

don't think so... the change between now and before, was that an Alive message was sent to EVERY search request sends to the server (that means every 10 seconds or so during the whole server life). If you need an alive message every second to have something on the ps3, then something else is broken in your network conf
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 pm

ExSport wrote:As I said it wasn't working also in 1.10.5 version I think and also maybe 1.10.1
My settings is(which in 1.04 or similar versions was working):
cs,off;cze,off;sk,off;slo,off;en,cs;eng,cze;en,sk;eng,slo;*,cs;*,cze;*,sk;*,slo;en,en;eng,eng;*,en;*,eng;de,de;ger,ger;*,de;*,ger;*,off

When I put cze in audio and/or subtitles separately in coresponding lines, it is working OK but it will break(override) using combined line so I always delete both lines and use only combined one.
Thanks
P.S.
Also
cze,off
not working...

Tests repeated and there is something weired in subtitle/audio priority :cry:
When I force to use sub/audio priority e.g. cze,off;eng,cze but clear separe lines for audio and video, always first track is played but not my preference.
When I use separate priority, it is working but not when separate lines cleared and combination used(Haalli format)
Shagrath, did you tried it with your video?Tried also other language tags pl,en,spa,ger etc. but always first track was played, not my prefference and also without any subtitles :(
ExSport

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds