(Feature Request) Block folders with IP Address?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

(Feature Request) Block folders with IP Address?

Postby gate1975mlm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Is there any chance that we could get an option to have certain folders only show up on the IP address we choose?

Like for example I have 2 PS3's and I would like my "Adult Video folder" to only show up on my PS3 in the bedroom and not the PS3 in the living room.

There is another Media Server available called "Mezzmo" that does have this feature. However I like PS3 Media Server much better of course :)

Really wish this could be added.

Taken from their web site
Parental control: Setup your Mezzmo library so that your children are restricted from watching certain videos, music or photos. Set access rights to devices, playlists, folders and media files.
http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp

Thanks
gate1975mlm

Re: (Feature Request) Block folders with IP Address?

Postby renszarv » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Yes, it's a good suggestion. The IP filter is recently improved, but currently it's not possible to assign roles/rules for different IP-s. When the MediaLibrary extension is merged with the main codebase, it will have the necessary infrastructure to implement the suggested functionality. But it's just my guess :)
renszarv
Project Member

Postby SharkHunter » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 am

Sort of this is added to SHB already. Not per IP but per render. I add per IP as well its easy....
SharkHunter

Postby gate1975mlm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:03 pm

SharkHunter wrote:Sort of this is added to SHB already. Not per IP but per render. I add per IP as well its easy....

That would be great! :)

Here is a screenshot of how its done in Mezzmo.

Notest in the screenshot how they have a folder called "video" and you have options to "Do not allow any device to access to the playlist" And then you have "Except for these IP Address"

I would like something just like that in PS3 Media Server :)
gate1975mlm

Postby WernsBrisbAUS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 am

May I suggest (As i am interested in this feature also) - Is there a way to run TWO PMS at once on the same machine?

Can we allocate different ports - how does this go with DLNA spec?
Then if DLNA OK can we change appearance name of the PMS e.g. can it be always "PMS SERVER" + "No1" or2or3or4 etc

Dont forget all the config files would then need to be separated in the ProgramData Dir also PMS1, PMS2 etc

Then you just change / configure the second one with limited IP range and navigation folders to suit.

Werns
WernsBrisbAUS

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 pm

WernsBrisbAUS wrote:Is there a way to run TWO PMS at once on the same machine?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=49895#p49895
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby WernsBrisbAUS » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:19 am

Thanks for the link a few questions; (I hope I am not asking something obvious - sorry)

Q1- So that the I can create a short cut to go straight to a specific profile is there a command line switch to point to a profile directory?
(without using the nav box via "C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\1500B2\PMS.exe" profiles)

Q2 So If I want two instances of the PMS running at the same time on one machine WITH different names do i need to install it twice and change pms.jar file and change the "friendlyName" or is there a way via the PMS.conf profiles to do this?

Q3 Running two instances of PMS - do i need to select a different port for the second one ???

Thanks in advance
WernsBrisbAUS

Return to Feature Suggestions