Hide Category-Unrelated MediaServer Folders in PS3 XMB

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Hide Category-Unrelated MediaServer Folders in PS3 XMB

Postby OMEGASquad » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi. First of all thanx for this application - I donated right away as this program is better than so much other software people need to pay for. Great app.

What I think would be a great enhancement is the hiding of folders per PS3 Media category.
My Mediaserver publishes 3 different folders to the PS3, each containing content for a certain category:
1 folder named PICTURES for the Picture Playback via PS3
1 folder named VIDEOS for the Video Playback via PS3
1 folder named MUSIC for the Audio Playback via PS3

I would appreciate if the mediaserver hid those folders containing irreleveant information for the active PS3 Playback category. I.e. if I want to play Music and choose the Audio Playback category from the XMB of the PS3, I would like to see only the MUSIC folder from my mediaserver + the WEB folder for audio streams (+ Music Data saved on the PS3).
The same is true for the Video and Picture Playback.
Each Media / Playback category of the PS3 XMB shall only show those folders on the mediaserver, which are relevant for the certain category.

Is hiding of irrelevant folders possible for any future release? Thanks a lot for your input.
OMEGASquad

Re: Hide Category-Unrelated MediaServer Folders in PS3 XMB

Postby gastric » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I also find it annoying. PlayOn does the same thing, they blamed the PS3 as opposed to their media server. I haven't tried TVersity to see if it also have the same behaviour or not. But it certainly does seem silly that the XMB has these various categories but it cannot harness media servers into them properly.
gastric

Postby gate1975mlm » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:10 pm

I also would really really love this option!!

This may also be something SONY has to fix.

Maybe we should all contect SONY aswell :)
gate1975mlm

Postby shagrath » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:32 pm

gastric wrote:PlayOn does the same thing, they blamed the PS3 as opposed to their media server.

it's not even Sony's fault, it's a DLNA limitation... you can't assign media types to folders, only on files
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby OMEGASquad » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 am

I understand that this issue remains unsolved unless DLNA will change their specification, right? Well, thanks for the info. Maybe in the near future, there will be an update from DLNA. If so, I am sure PMS will be enhanced accordingly. Thanks in advance.
OMEGASquad

Return to Feature Suggestions