Alternative 'Folder' Image

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Re: Alternative 'Folder' Image

Postby bender907 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:23 am

I know the last post for this was a while ago, However after spending some time generating thumbnails for all my video files, being able to create a thumbnail for "Movie" "TV" etc. folders would be awesome. Please please please include this in the next update :)

Also is it possible to add an additional image to splash up on screen behind the selected video file like XBMC? The same as how a highlighted game will display a splash? XBMC use "-fanart" saved with video file and thumbnail in the folder to do this.
bender907

Postby meskibob » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Folder thumbnails and splash screens are not supported by the PS3 for DLNA media.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SharkHunter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Folder thumbs are however supported by other renders like the BRAVIA for example. Splash screens are probably not supported there either.
SharkHunter

Postby taconaut » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:54 pm

AFAIK folder thumbnails are supported by PMS (a folder is a DLNAResource), don't know if they are always being set. As I've only got the ps3 as a renderer, I can't test that.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby SharkHunter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Each object (wheter it is a folder or an item) has a thumb url. However PS3 ignores it for folder, bravia doesn't. And yes PMS always sets t.
SharkHunter

Postby squadjot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Just a question.. would it possible camouflage folder as a file?, and thereby allow PS3 to have "folder" thumbnails.
squadjot

Postby taconaut » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Nope, either it is
- a folder: name and children can be set
- a file: name, thumbnail and file to play can be set
I take this from the experience with pms rather than the dlna or ps3 spec.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Previous

Return to Feature Suggestions