Problem with DTS and MULTI

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problem with DTS and MULTI

Postby Flo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:26 am

Hey,

First, thanks for this wonderful soft !

I can play all .*mkv perfectly, no lag or nothing ! It's great !

But have problem with sound on few on my files, those who have DTS sound, and MULTI, exemple :

XXXXXXXXXX.TrueFrench.1080p.DTS.Bluray.X264-RLD.mkv

or

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.1080p.MULTi.BluRay.x264-ForceBleue.mkv

i don't have sound at all on all these files in DTS or MUTLI !

How can I play it please ?

Thanks
Flo

Re: Problem with DTS and MULTI

Postby Flo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Here is my config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Geforce Point Of View 8800 GTX 756 Mo
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
G.SKILL Extreme Series - Overclocking - 2x1 Go DDR2 800MHZ 4-4-4-12
Raptor 80 Go / 250 Go Sata II
Creative X-Fi

Ethernet 100Mbits

And how is set my ps3mediaserver :

Need help please !
Flo

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:38 pm

For DTS: If you have the PS3 connected to a DTS-compatible reciever by HDMI or Optical cable, then check "Streamer le flux DTS..." under the General Transcode settings. If not, check "DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux".

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about MULTI :(
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Jagged » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55 pm

meskibob wrote:For DTS: If you have the PS3 connected to a DTS-compatible reciever by HDMI or Optical cable, then check "Streamer le flux DTS..." under the General Transcode settings. If not, check "DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux".

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about MULTI :(

Even with his current settings, it *should* transcode DTS to AC3. A debug.log might help.
Jagged

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Jagged wrote:Even with his current settings, it *should* transcode DTS to AC3. A debug.log might help.
True, but the first two leave you with the original sound more intact, and if they happen to work.... But yeah, the debug.log would be nice to have to figure out what exactly is going on and if something can/should be tweaked in PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Flo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:05 pm

When I check "Streamer le flux DTS", there is like if my tv is broken, only scratch sound, sorry for my poor english !

And if I check "DTS/FLAC -> LPCM remux", there is sound when playing the movie, but not voice, only music in back !

I'am uploading debug.log !
Flo

Postby meskibob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Flo wrote:When I check "Streamer le flux DTS", there is like if my tv is broken, only scratch sound, sorry for my poor english !
You need to make sure that the PS3 playback volume and audio options (both available in the playback Triangle menu) are on the defaults (+0 volume, L+R channel). That should get rid of the white noise.
meskibob

Postby Flo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Flo

Postby Flo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:11 pm

meskibob wrote:
Flo wrote:When I check "Streamer le flux DTS", there is like if my tv is broken, only scratch sound, sorry for my poor english !
You need to make sure that the PS3 playback volume and audio options (both available in the playback Triangle menu) are on the defaults (+0 volume, L+R channel). That should get rid of the white noise.

They are like you say, but only "krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound........
Flo

Postby shagrath » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:13 pm

1520 is not a valid AC3 bitrate (I know I should have put a combo :p)
try 640
shagrath
Project Lead

Next

Return to General Help and Support